side exit exhaust

Paul20

i read it a couple of times mate before i posted, thought i may have missed something. i quite like the idea of side exit exhaust, imagine the look on another drivers face when theres a flame coming towards his door

LOU ROB

rossdj1983 said:
so any one got any prices?
They are all custom made to suit individual set-ups so prices will vary.

huu-raa said:
aint that much louder than the mongoose turbo back
They aren't much loder than a mongoose system with 5" exit, but they can be loud in car especially with the drivers window open as all the sound travels from the front of the car towards the back, so you tend to "think" its louder. They do tend to be a headace on long journeys.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
So what are the benefits from having a side mounted exhaust, apart from you can fry the neighbours cat to a crisp :lol:

Is it just a case that it allows faster spool up times, what other benefits come with this kind of set up?

mad max

With a goose mine made 378- after fitting the side exit it made 417- same rolling road but remapped to suit ?

stumo

mad max said:
With a goose mine made 378- after fitting the side exit it made 417- same rolling road but remapped to suit ?
was the goose a 2.5 inch with std elbow?

A

Angus.mac

is it road legel

that would look mint on my car lol ha ha

huu-raa

mad max said:
thats quite a gain ! :) so just swap the goose for the side exit and remapped it?

is it just a striaght pipe from turbo ? or is there some sort of tiny silencer/box?

boucherie

can anyone confirm if there side exit exhausts have any form of silencer or are they just 3" off the turbo?

thanks