sequential shifters

nismoboy

ive noticed a few people are using the ppg dog box and as far as im aware these are a night mere to drive on the road, so i was wondering could we adapt an ikea sequential shifter kit to fit a ppg dog? the scooby boys use them and someone told me simon norris may use one too? if this is the case it should`nt be to hard as the evo set up is very similar to ours, food for thought anyway.

MarkTurbo

nismoboy said:
Its easy to convert a hydraulic clutch and a cable clutch.
Thats a totally different thing all together :doh: Theres more than one cable on an Evo gearchange mechanism ;-)

dunnergtir

MarkTurbo said:
Thats a totally different thing all together :doh: Theres more than one cable on an Evo gearchange mechanism ;-)
there are 2 gear cables they are push pull cables ,
1 for when the gear stick is pushed forward /backward .the other one is for when the gear stick is pushed left /right .
if the evo set up is made to work on cables has any one looked at converting the gtir box to cable shift ?

also the other thing i was thinking about was ,would the gear set from the sr20de fwd primera or some thing along those lines fit in the gtir box ? as there was a lot of touring cars and rally cars (sunny gti ,micra sr20de etc )around ? :?

gtirx2

I was once told by a top skyline tuner that the gears of the sunny gti box are the same as in are boxes?Not sure if its true tho?

dunnergtir

gtirx2 said:
I was once told by a top skyline tuner that the gears of the sunny gti box are the same as in are boxes?Not sure if its true tho?
the reason why i ask is there are probably a lot more sequential box's out there that might fit (gear set's) as a lot of the above car's where used for racing .also the primera was used as a touring car .:thumbsup: