sequential gearbox

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Only one I know about is the NME box, but they are no longer made.

So unless you you go out and develop one then you'll have to do without.

vss irvine

NME box wasnt/isnt sequential its a 6 speed h pattern.

the only way you would get a sequential gearbox is to buy a brand new xtrac/hewland/sadev etc and retro fit it to the gtir.

633 Rally Gearbox

Xtrac’s ‘633’ 4WD transmission has been designed specifically to cater for Rally cars competing under the FIA WRC & Super 2000 regulations, in series such as the Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC) and WRC championship WRC & S-WRC.

The gearbox specification meets all the requirements of the FIA S2000 / WRC homologation regulations and has been approved for use in S2000 / WRC championships by the FIA. To meet the FIA’s requirements Xtrac has achieved the lowest possible costs, whilst ensuring a technically reliable and lightweight transmission solution built to its normal industry-leading quality standard.

Something like this, but make sure you have about £30,000. as by the time you have a custom bellhousing, clutch, shifter, mounts, propshaft, driveshaft, cooler ecu etc etc

pretty pointless really....

ashills

didnt all the japanese nme stuff and cars end up in Australia being run and looked after by one tuning shop ??

pulsar_stu

There's an nme car in the uk ;) the guys selling it wanted 30.000 euro for the car and a container full of spares and about 10 sets of wheels. It wasn't in running state tho. There's some pics floating about somewhere. And Martyn went to see the bloke I think.

vss irvine

nme is the european outfit alan, all the jap rally cars were done by nismo.

i know of 3 nme group a works cars, 2 in the uk, one in czech republic.

theres a few other customer spec nme shells/cars kicking about aswell.

the oz lads will be able to tell you more about whats over there?

red reading

H pattern dog box with flatshift on the ecu, common as u like in racing. a bit more ellegant than "ramming it in to the next gear!"