Sell a Pulsar

oddrey

I have a Pulsar standing here in Norway, its been imported from japan thru UK. Its 100% standard, only 77000 km(48000 miles). Whats it worth in uk?
its black

Last edited:

John

What sort of condition is it in as thats the main factor in what its worth? A few totally stock minters have been listed at circa £5k, however the worse the condition the less its worth, so your looking at a price range of about 1.5k to 5k depending on that.

johnsy

who in there right mind pays 5k for a standard car?

even so called limited edition ones, madness

williams

...about time people started paying that, they are getting rarer and they are worth much more than the daft low prices are selling for now
+1 on that, people are paying 20k for cosworths now, surely the pulsar is worth more than what they are selling for. i think there needs to be a few goo cars built to bring the prices up, show people what they are about.

KenR33

I'd say you would probably get a better price in Norway? I've seen a few cars advertised for around 5k lately but none of them are standard, if yours is 100% standard in original condition i'd say you could get 5k for it, any pics?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What the mods that people do? Yeah a lot of them are because people do things on the cheap rather than professionally, and really if it's been modified that screams "thrashed" to a buyer.

That's not to say that there aren't some good quality modifications, but quality usually speaks for its self and the value is then in having faith in the work.

vss irvine

id take a standard, original, complete car any day over a car thats had 15 owners,

inner wings hacked,

bumper hacked,

super blow up sheepdog dumb valve,

pish alloys with prime make ditch finders

and a 5" inch chav trumpet hanging out the arse of it.

thats why theres more 2k cars out there than standard cars.

johnsy

id take a standard, original, complete car any day over a car thats had 15 owners,

inner wings hacked,

bumper hacked,

super blow up sheepdog dumb valve,

pish alloys with prime make ditch finders

and a 5" inch chav trumpet hanging out the arse of it.

thats why theres more 2k cars out there than standard cars.

But thats not just any 'standard' car really is it, Thats a needle in a hay stack. Which i do agree should hold a premium over every day run of the mill cars (standard)

Last edited:

oddrey

I'd say you would probably get a better price in Norway? I've seen a few cars advertised for around 5k lately but none of them are standard, if yours is 100% standard in original condition i'd say you could get 5k for it, any pics?
Its not worth so much in Norway, we can't get RHD cars road leagal anymore so the cars can be driven on pulic roads:cry: so it will probably end up as a donor car. its a shame really

williams

id choose a pulsar over an evo/subaru anyday tbh. they might be better cars and more developed. but they feel more like your driving an NA car compared to the pulsar. newer turbo cars have lost the 'kick in the arse' feel you used to get from the likes of pulsars and cosworths etc.

GTIR1000

id choose a pulsar over an evo/subaru anyday tbh. they might be better cars and more developed. but they feel more like your driving an NA car compared to the pulsar. newer turbo cars have lost the 'kick in the arse' feel you used to get from the likes of pulsars and cosworths etc.
This :)

John

Why compare a Pulsar to a scooby or evo though, simply because they all have 2litre turbo engines and 4wd? Age wise there is a significant difference between the vehicles, do you really expect a Pulsar to be as cutting edge as something that is potentially more than 10 years newer and more developed? Compare it to cars of its era in terms of performance, compared to the MK2 Golfs, Astra GSI's and RS Turbos im pretty sure its leagues ahead of those in performance and value.

GTIR1000

yes i agree with that as well i think what williams was trying to say is the pulsar is a much more raw car to drive in relation to the way the turbo kicks in etc thats what i thought he meant anyway and thats what i agreed with :)