Safe boost pressure?

K

KAW18

hi,
i am looking for more power i already have racing exhaust, dump valve, induction kit, front mount intercooler i think i need
to up the boost next but the engine itself is standard so what would be the max boost i could run it at without causing engine damage? would fitting an uprated fuel pump and regulator up the power?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
KAW18 said:
hi would fitting an uprated fuel pump and regulator up the power?
Not unless your current ones were knackered and you were running dangerously lean.

An uprated fuel pump is a wise investment, an uprated fpr tends to be a waste of money as the standard one is good enough most mods.

Max booost depends on how well set up the fuel and ignition and what turbo you have.

Standard internals can cope with 400bhp+ is set up right. It's all in the mapping.

EVOBAD

well with those mods with uprated fuel pump ul be ok for 1.1bar but car will also need fast road clutch plus a good boost controler:-D u dont really want to be messing with bleadvalves etc & your strd clutch will start sliping at 0.9 bar as ther crap:thumbsup:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My standard clutch lasted 3.5 years before I mercilessly killed it (with two 0-60 attempts in 10secs) . Quite abit of that was running 1bar and 12.4 1/4s, so they're not that crap.;-) but admittedly it won't last for ever at 1bar.

warringtonjack

My clutch still holding at 1.1Bar. Funnily enough, I dont have any problems launching, just a little slippage when slamming it into 3rd whilst accelerating like a demon! Hehe. :roll: :thumbsup:

K

KAW18

Thanks for your help guys ill get the car booked in and have the boost changed to 1 bar and get the fuel pump uprated