safe boost limits?

J

jord369!

hi all i was just reading the thread about the melted pistons and was wondering how high you could take the boost with forged pistons without ending up looking like his!!!! :?

J

jord369!

someone please tel me ur jokin :shock: :shock: im running 1.5 bar!!!!!!!!

Fire & skill

Vintage member
jord369! said:
someone please tel me ur jokin :shock: :shock: im running 1.5 bar!!!!!!!!
if your fuelling is good - then its fine, but the tubby wont last long mate, it runs out of puff around 1.3/1.4 bar so you are just straining it :cry:

have you had a remap to run so much boost?

hope you have cold plugs :roll:

O

Olly

With forge front mount, aquamist, aussie split downpipe, norries designs md 196, timing at 19 degrees i det at 1.45 so run 1.3 ish. Been running 1.3 bar with stock turbo and my big one for over 3 years so keep your temps down and there fine i would say. Will try to do 1.5 one day but will ad a 5th injector for the fuelling, can't be arsed with a new brain.

1.5 bar is stooooooooopid, unless you got the fueling sorted, bigger injectors and remapable ecu

J

jord369!

ok guys thanks for the info, ive got a hiteq rebuild with hks pistons,apexi power fc,front mount 660cc injectors and uprated fuel pump, dp ss manifold stage one turbo 360 degree thrust bearing and decat zaust so i dont thinks its to stooooopid :? :lol:

J

jord369!

thanks for that markturbo i was just a bit concerned when i saw them pics at 1 bar ive only had the car 9 months so just self teaching at the minute!!! :lol: :?