safc2

mattytappy

anyone know what wires to disconect to turn it into a purley monitoring device for knock......or can i do this as the thing is a pain in the a55e to set up so idealy i want it just to monitor and not to interfear with any maf signals...can this be done?

Shaun

Yes it can be done.Iirc theres a yellow and white wire from the SAFC to a cut orange wire on the ECU.They should have crimped connectors on them.Un-plug the yellow and white wires and re-connect the orange wire.

antgtir

You dont need to unplug or disconnect anything, have installed as if you were going to map it, just have it set to monitor mode instead of a map, job done. I did this with mine until i got rid lol.

Ant.

mattytappy

cheers guys...i will give it a go....i will try both methods but im not a great techi and i look at the destruction manual and think it may as well be in japanese....but i will give it a go...cheers...anyone in the kent area who is really familer with the safc fancy helping.;-)

MarkTurbo

mattytappy said:
i want it just to monitor and not to interfear with any maf signals...can this be done?
Just make sure all the correction points throughout the rev range on the Hi/Lo throttle settings are set at 0 then it wont be altering anything will it :doh: Surely it dosent take a genius to work that out :lol: