safc help

Davey

A m8 of mine has just bought a gti-r, modded with forged pistons, t3 etc
He's had some problems with it and car has been off the road, and battery dissconected.
He's worried that the safc has lost it's settings (I'm 99% sure it hasnt but want to be sure before i blow his car up)Car was previously running 1.5 bar, but has apparently been turned down to 1 bar.
Is there anyway to check that the settings are somewhere near what they should be for 1 bar (or 1.5)?
Can he just turn it off, so it is only monitering(sp), as you can with the avcr?
Who around the Gloucester area can check it/set it up?
He's talked to powerstation, but they said they couldnt do it (think they may have thought he had a powerfc though)
Any help would be appreciated, car has cost 1500+squid to put right after about 100 miles of use!

JIMMYBACK

the safc is it the blue one ie number two? if it is then the setting will be fine there are stored on a internal chip/type battery back up system so no problems there.the only way to lose the settings is to break the thing or reset it in one the menus on the unit itself:thumbsup:

M

Mikey

Who's that mate ? Might try Jez Horsham, he live maps sx's in Newbury but he's very good at what he does.

power station will be able to check the fueling on the rollers and should have no prob's setting it up if need be.
They're very simple to set up.

Last edited:

JIMMYBACK

speak to gary at atp tell him jimmy sent you just dont mention about the little incident of the front bumper falling off a black pulsar:shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Davey

Its James' (the lad who used to have the leon) new car mate.
Sounds like it should be a good un once going well.
Cheers for help lads