safc + avcr + ?

nitrosgti-r

Im wondering if just an apexi safc, for fuel (that i have got) and an apexi avcr, for boost, will be ok to run 350+ BHP on a standard ecu with a mines ecu chip and standard turbo and injectors or do i need to get a greddy emanage or somthing simular aswell?

Forge internals,goose,turbo elbow (soon),mines ecu chip, etc

any advise welcome

PaulB

yeah thatl be ok, I think FRP on here runs a similar setup and got 372bhp at the Racing Line. His box recently shat itself tho :roll:

nitrosgti-r

well i realise the turbo and injectors may be maxing out so should i go for uprated injetors then and not the greddy emanage? i will be looking for a bigger turbo upgrade but obviously being an R owner i cant quite afford it as yet :D

nitrosgti-r

cheers paulb, thats promising info. I think tho actually that if my injectors are going to be maxing out, i think im going to get some uprated injectors as im looking for reliable hp, as a pose to silly bhp that cant really be unleashed on the road anyway.

frp

I run 550/600cc inj (cant remember ) t28 hybrid (by owens ) it runs 372bhp @1.6bar on safc II and avcr and could go higher.
Kirko on here runs a similar setup but with a power fc and a few other little bits and runs 403bhp @ 1.6/1.7bar.
If you have the cash I'd go for an emanage or even a standalone ecu a better option I think.
Also might consider the transmission !!!
steve

Fusion Ed

ECU options, and very rough prices (assumed fitted and mapped)
Remapping standard ecu £300 (+z32,Z45 ~£100)
E-manage blue £600 (all options inc map sensor)
Standalone (PFC etc 700)

All will do the job.

nitrosgti-r

cheers for that guys, lots of food for thought there then. I think ill go for some 600cc injectors and an emanage i think next then and a 3071 turbo seems the choice to have when i have the cash!!

Theres a new 4wd rolling road at a place called TSR and they do golfs and vw's mainly in my home town and my bro is an mot tester down there so he recons that they can map my ecu so i might just see what they can do on that first and then go for the higher option when i have the cash :D

PaulB

Yeah, I went for the 3071.

Im running Forged bottom end, 550cc injectors, Q45 MAF, 3071R and standard ECU remap, and making 387bhpat 1.35Bar. Id go to 450bhp if it werent for the damn box !!

Fusion Ed

If you get a 3071 you may as well get 700+ inj. youll only wish you had later, even these are not enough if you really start to push the injectors. (unless you run silly rail pressure)

Ed

PaulB

Aye, maybe I could have got 700`s, but Im not wanting anymore power or il deffo toast my box.

The 550`s will flow enough power (370 - 380bhp) still to toast it too !

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
If you want to keep in the 340-380hp range then get a 2871, it will fundamentally outperform the the 3071 or 3037/3076 in this range. There's one just come up for sale.

Fit that first and run it on standard boost. Get it on a RR to check fueling.

I bet it will spool better than your T28 and hold boost better. Then when you've got the cash, fit your Z32, engine management and injectors at the same time and get it mapped. You're wasting your money if you do any of these mods in isolation.