Running with lambda unplugged

projectgtir

Anyone ever done this ,would like to know if can cause det, overfuelling etc .

Read some threads of other forums about fords and subarus running without them without issue . The argumant was that the ecu takes no value from the lambda/o2 sensor at WOT so wont cause running issues .

Is the pulsar the same ?

billy187

I was running without a lambda for a while and had no problems.

I think it only affects the fueling at start up so you shouldnt have any problems.

shroom

pobody can spew out all the techincal shizzle but the general jist is that it is just on tick over so it wont effect the running of the car when driving about, I ran mine without one as I couldnt fit it in to the am elbow and was fine,

P

pulsarboby

you can run with it unplugged.
i know (with a normal car anyway) that if the sensor is faulty it will overfuel as the ecu will compensate for it....so better to unplug it then fuelling will not be affected other than at idle
i would imagine the same with gtir, weve run cars with them unplugged and wideband fitted and theres no adverse affects with fuelling

Apparently if you just unplug the sensor and leave it in the exhaust you'll damage the sensor?

I think it needs power to get heat into it at first?

projectgtir

thanks for info peeps .

Jay I think its fooked anyway, thanks for info though.

About 6weeks ago I left it unplugged by accident ,car felt loads better, spooled up faster, kicked harder on boost etc.
Also had to lower the gain on boost controller as it was spiking badly. then when i realised id unplugged it and plugged it back in ,the car felt dead in comparison . Had to raise gain settings to make desired boost again .