running problem when hot

steven_c

When My pulsar runs cold it runs pretty good how it should do it pops a farts a couple of times i dont know if this fuel etc i am not sure,

But when the car is warm it just does seem to go anywhere its more noise and go.. and i dont know why i always run on 98 octane fuel, i dont understand why it lacks!!! the oil pressure and boost is only standard.. never over heated etc.. just would like it to run right all the time..

steven_c

cheers will try this tomorrow see if i can figure it out.. but i dont have a orange light on my clocks!!!

Braveheart

steven_c said:
cheers will try this tomorrow see if i can figure it out.. but i dont have a orange light on my clocks!!!
DET sensor fault will not through up a fault indication on the dash.
It thinks it sees knock, retards ignition timing and dumps more fuel in.
Engine runs really rich.... flat on power and farts along!
Could also be fuel filter, HT Leads etc,

Braveheart

Fault code first. If it comes up clear... i.e. 5 - 5 then take the car for a short drive until the symptoms appear and do another fault code check.
If it's still showing no fault then change fuel filter.
Det sensor is a pig to get at.... it's off center towards crank pully at back of engine. Do a search on here, it's mentioned many times.

NU773R

mine does the same thing, changed the knock sensor and done a full service but still not had any luck finding out the problem :(

gtir_pimp

you might need to re-earthe the afm. i had this prob a few months ago and what a difference now its been re-earthed. this is simple and cheap to do

C

chris_gtir

i get a similar prob with mine, but mine is when the fuel reaches quater tank. feels very hesitant to go anywhere or do anything, almost like its holding back. could this be the same problem?

steven_c

Yeh i was goin to fit the up rated one anyway, will test the earth to the afm and see what thats doing,

Also sounds like there a few pulsars out there not running 100%