Running No Bov!!!

i was running standard re-circ for a year that wasn't actually opening due to blocked vac pipe lol. I always got the turbo chatter sound when i changed gear and just thought it was the normal noise of a re-circ. My turbo is fine tho...... well as far as i know lol?

azboy

new cars have roller bearing turbos still use recirc bovs, they would not do this if they thought it was not needed, due to the extra cost even 50p per car if u sell 100,000 models that works out alot of money, and i9f they thought it would be ok without 1 trust me they would save there money.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
azboy said:
new cars have roller bearing turbos still use recirc bovs, they would not do this if they thought it was not needed, due to the extra cost even 50p per car if u sell 100,000 models that works out alot of money, and i9f they thought it would be ok without 1 trust me they would save there money.
You'll find that modern car manufactures do their best to silence any noise. The only reason they have a re-circ's is to reduce that "fluttering" sound.
BB turbo's can cope with no bov and reasonable boost levels. :thumb:

Oh and wastegate chatter can only be heard by chav's

azboy

turbos tend to last a very long time so im sure running without a bov for a few years and saying its fine it would be my car has origanal turbo with 140 000km on the clock even if it helps turbo last 20% longer life min

Last edited:

azboy

yes m8 porsche use varible vain on there turbos now, as for most of the vag group, and the ones that do use a waste gate the ecu controlled electric and do not flutter as they open a little or a lot to keep boost set not open close open close like a actuator so u wont get that flutter noise and is exposed to hold a steady boost but there not perfect yet, but still do there job i suppose as well as the old fashoned type, so back to the point, why would they waste money fitting a bov, yes u can run any turbo without it i have myself, if they thought it did nothing with there billions of pounds in researching why use 1.