run out of fuel

G

GAZ P

My R's been in the body shop waiting for a full respray for 6 weeks & has now run out of petrol :roll: .Put about 10 litres worth of Optimax in and spun the engine over for 30 secs and f*ck all :x .Kept on trying and the car will not run, checked for fuel at the fuel rail & when I pulled the rubber pipe off fuel shot everywhere so the pump must be ok.
I will make sure its got a spark at the plugs & renew the fuel filter but is there any thing else that might cause the car not to run after running out of petrol:?:

J

jiw

Could be just your battery needs some charge in it, mattygtir had this problem about a week ago, hooked it upto his mates car with jumpleads for 5 minutes and all was well, jeff

G

GAZ P

The battery is totally flat but was using one of thoes starter slave packs to spin it over.

mattygti-r

yep thought my battery was ok (was only after a week-two weeks left sitting )

jumpers on it for good 10mins and a ok

will prb have the same prb with the car now cos its staying in the garage for the foreseeable future :cry:

J

jiw

Whats up with the car then matty? i take it it didnt like the 1 bar upgrade :lol:

mattygti-r

kieron said:
yes matty...what terrible problem :wink: is keeping your car off the road :roll: :lol: :lol:
its not just that

MOT is out by a month and a few other probs which i dont have replacement parts for at the moment keeping it off the road

MarkTurbo

You cant still be on about the blowing downpipe surely :?:

Just drive it you f o o k i n g girl :twisted: Its not gonna do any harm, it'll just sound like a tractor thats all :lol:

I drove my mates R around for a month with a knackered flexi joint :wink:

Edited cos i've just read the bit about the mot being out :wink:

mattygti-r

no not just the exhuast, got replacement for that :wink: MOT's out, few other things need sorting out mate,

yeah i know i can drive it on the pipe blowing just i dont wana ta :lol:

i dont use the car much be lucky if i did 50miles in week to be honest most of the time.

need a few things for it to be ready to use, no great rush to be honest, yeah i miss driving it but lived without it for a month so what the heck.

:lol: