Rota Splitstream FAIL?! Or not?!

RO_SUNNY

Hi,

on my car I have a set of 17'' Rota Splitstream.

I've seen alot of Rota Fails .....and I am thinking...should I keep them....or should I sell them?!?!?!

Please help you guys!

vpulsar

Only you can answer that question mate, If you don't have confidence in them then I would suggest you get rid otherwise you'll have it in the back of you mind that they may fail. Personally I'd rather buy something else and relax lol.

Rob

KieranEG6

Any wheel can fail. I'm yet to actually see or even personally hear of a Rota wheel failling.

Just conspired internet pictures of crashed cars with smashed rota wheels. Any wheel will fail if you smash it of a curb. I see cracked and bent factory BMW wheels at least once every few weeks. Yet you don't see mass panic of people ditching their factory BMW rims.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The 19" wheels my BMW had on keep having to go back to the Engineering shop to be straightened and occasionally welded :-(

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Fashion over function OR function over fashion?
I'd always go with function... but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like it if there was some fashion too. ;-)

I don't know about Rotas, but as Andy says; most of the horror stories I've heard are related to people baking the rims to set the powdercoat.

dencon

I have always used Rota 15" Slipstreams on my competition car and Phil uses the same. I have never had a problem. A very good lightweight wheel.

RO_SUNNY

aha...I've seen a lot of horror stories over the net....but if you search for other big wheel company fails...you will find a lot of pictures of completly destroyed wheels!

bracpan

I have always used Rota 15" Slipstreams on my competition car and Phil uses the same. I have never had a problem. A very good lightweight wheel.
I totaly agree I have had personal experience on how strong these wheels are, and have no doubt recomending them. Plus would use them in the future without giving it a second thought.

My local powercoating company are not happy about coating ANY alloy wheels due to the temperature they have to bake them at..so dont recomend the procces, paint them its safer.