Replacing the actuator

rayman75

how easy is it? i have done a search, and it says its difficult, i have had a look under the bonnet and it does look a little tight, is it a turbo off job???

the reason i ask is that on monday im taking my car to AP-tuning to get my apexi safcII map and i asked if they could do me actuator coz its a bit weak at high boost, they said they would do it at the same time.

is it an easy job?? coz it dont look it.

cheers. 8)

nismoboy

it fairly easy on a standard set up, and yes its turbo off. Ive got to do mine soon and its a nightmere as i have an all in one dump/front pipe and u have to undo all the bolts off the turbo where as on a standard set up u can just take the front pipe off the dump pipe.

How do u find apt? are u happy with them? im going there on the 26th for a remap and some fueling mods.

rayman75

tbh apt are very good gary really knows his stuff, they normally do 200sx stuff, but they know the sr20det very well.

dont worry mate will sort you out no problem.

not sure if they know how difficult it will be. Oh well we will have to see.

S

smcnairn

Yes it can be done with the turbo still in place. Very fiddely tho! during the job wished i had taken the turbo off. What put me off removing the turbo was i was scared of shearing any bolts on the turbo or manifold. :?

Keira

Dooie Pop Pop said:
i watched James from IP take mine off and refit in-situ so it can be done but it looked VERY fiddly :lol:
yep... :(

getting the circlip back on the actuator arm is one of those jobs that will either go on first time or you'll be f o o king about for ages :cry: :lol:

S

smcnairn

yes i agree thats why i gave up and got a bit of copper wire wrapped round mine instead of a circlip! yes its rought! il get round to doing it properly .....some day! :lol:

nismoboy

I take it all back it can be done, i removed my actuator this afternoon and it was a bloody night mere but it can be done with the turbo on if u have the right tools and dont mind loosing abit of skin from your hands :lol: , Its all ready for my uprated actuator to go on when it arrives.