Renault Sport Clio 255 v6 - should i have a prob?

maz

Hiya, my mates just recently gone and bought a renault sport clio 255bhp v6 apon hearing of my recent R purchase, so basicaly in a straight line id like to know wether you guys reckon id have a problem with it?

heres my general R upgrades, its running at 300bhp with 15psi boost.

Garrett Turbo
Forged Pistons
Forge Front-Mount Intercooler
Piston Dump Valve
Powertec Induction Kit
Helix Performance Clutch
Magnecore Leads
Samco Hoses
Performance Fuel Pump
5” Mongoose Stainless Full Exhaust & DeCat
Cusco Front & Rear Strut Braces
Performance Suspension & Lowering Springs
Black Diamond Groove & Drilled Discs Front & Rear

any of you had experiences with one of these yourselves?

/maz

abyss

maz said:
Hiya, my mates just recently gone and bought a renault sport clio 255bhp v6 apon hearing of my recent R purchase, so basicaly in a straight line id like to know wether you guys reckon id have a problem with it?

heres my general R upgrades, its running at 300bhp with 15psi boost.

Garrett Turbo
Forged Pistons
Forge Front-Mount Intercooler
Piston Dump Valve
Powertec Induction Kit
Helix Performance Clutch
Magnecore Leads
Samco Hoses
Performance Fuel Pump
5” Mongoose Stainless Full Exhaust & DeCat
Cusco Front & Rear Strut Braces
Performance Suspension & Lowering Springs
Black Diamond Groove & Drilled Discs Front & Rear

any of you had experiences with one of these yourselves?

/maz
your running 1 bar with forged pistons you will murder it with 1 bar as pulsar does about 12 seconds to 100mph and clio 15 seconds and they weight in at 1400kg. i would get the boost turned up on your car though.

Jgti-R

there was one at a track day i done a while ago, he thought he was the wippets wangers till i ripped him to shreds and lapped him! :lol: :lol:

deank93

Seriously considered one of these last summer, they look great but are just so sloooooow.

It looks fast as hell but a well driven 182 clio would live with the V6 all day long.

Jgti-R

its a shame cos they do look like a real mean car :twisted:

small, mid engined, rear wheel drive........and missing about 100bhp! :lol:

seen a twin turbo kit for them on the net though...now that'd be cool! 8)

G

GTI-Ripper

worah - twin turbo V6 in a clio - sweet jesus :lol: that would tear you a new anus :eek:

NISR227

You shouldn't have a problem, the newer 255 version is rougly the same performance as a standard R up to 100mph, so a 1 bar R with those mods would def be quicker in a straightline, not to mention coming out of slow 2nd gear corners with traction.

The Clio V6 's are certainly unique, with that wow factor, and great sound too, we've had a couple back at work, or bit it the old mk1 version, and it got more looks and interest than most cars, bearing in mind we have many Sti, Evo's 8's, M3's and other decent cars back. Surpose its the perfect muppet look. The Mk1's are really touchy on-the-limit handling and even pro drivers have been known to spin them by mistake on road tests, but they sorted it with the Mk2 and Evo mag rated the 2nd best drivers car on the road a couple of years back, it just needs more power as its still heavy at 1400kg.

Why you running 1bar with forged pistons? you could easily run more, just make sure the fuelings set up well (I run a mapped 1.2 on standard internals with no problem) that way you can show him whos boss even better. :lol:

soin

the clio v6 s are amazing to look at , but as said are very slow , i havent driven a phase 2 car but the phase one i test drove was very lethargic... it probably didnt help that i drove the 40 or so miles to the garage in the 964 turbo which is stupidly fast ... but still i cant get the car out of my head they have a special something about them , and at the mo im tryin to sell my porsche and the R to fund one ... im hoping that the pure looks alone of a v6 clio will keep my mind off the lack of performance ... which it seriousley lacks .. you should tank it at 1.0 bar

lakeview

if the 964 turbo is the one im thinking of? unless its heavily modified i woudnt call it stupidly fast

soin

mines modified and is stupidly fast , kills my one bar R .. its the " on the move acceleration " thats so impressive .. once rolling it pulls in 3rd 4th and 5th in the same way my R pulls in 2nd ... i had my mate come out in my r and try and keep up ... twas no contest .... its all comparable though i suppose.. feels stupidly fast to me anyhows.. :)

maz

well i raced him & had the better of him but he did start pulling well in 3rd 4th and 5th. 1st and second were no contest.

/maz

Dooie Pop Pop

maz said:
well i raced him & had the better of him but he did start pulling well in 3rd 4th and 5th. 1st and second were no contest.

/maz
that cant be right. you must have something wrong with your car mate.

you should have annihilated him. period :lol:

maz

i Destroyed him ! All i said was that i was impressed with his 3rd 4th and 5th for a car of that weight.

/maz