removing aircon

nismoboy

it certinaly dont feel 23kgs more like 10-15 tops

plate/bracket is around 7kgs
compressor about 4kgs
rad about 1/2 kgs
pipes and core inside airbox 1kgs

DownunderGTiR

if it over 20 then i might remove it next time i take it to the shop but if it just about 10 then i might just leave it cause that would not help so much on a daily driven car.

J

jpward

mine came to 18kg or there abouts

Rip it out its extra weight gets in the way when your working on the car and lets face it we all do a lot of that :doh:

and if your warm just do an ace ventura :p

Maybe mine was made out of lead but the compressor and the bracket it was mounted on together easily weighed 20kg maybe more, I would say 25 for all of it would be fair and I definitely noticed the front end was lighter after removing it.

J

jpward

Cambridge_pulsar said:
Maybe mine was made out of lead but the compressor and the bracket it was mounted on together easily weighed 20kg maybe more, I would say 25 for all of it would be fair and I definitely noticed the front end was lighter after removing it.
Really ohhh :roll:

youngsyp

You'll also feel a smidge more power and torque, as well as slightly faster spool up as, you would have lost the parasitic drain the A/C compressor was creating !

Also, if you search the site, there's info on specific weights of parts !

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
You'll also feel a smidge more power and torque, as well as slightly faster spool up as, you would have lost the parasitic drain the A/C compressor was creating !

Also, if you search the site, there's info on specific weights of parts !

Its an electo clutch unit so cant see big gains to be had just removing the unit?

J

jpward

It was the faster spool up I was referring to I noticed NO difference in drivability on the car!

youngsyp

jpward said:
It was the faster spool up I was referring to I noticed NO difference in drivability on the car!
Once again bud, read what I wrote ! ;-)

Clearly it won't make a huge difference but, every little helps !

J

jpward

Studlife said:
my AC clutch flew out of the compressor bounced and hit another car while street racing lol bin it
Now that is driving the wheels off it :lol: