Rear sill brace

whytie

Is that the one from the grey pulsar for sale, it was the first time i even seen one of those sill braces?

johnsy

Yes it is first time Ive seen one but looks good like good alternative to having a full weld in cage.

erm surly the alternative to a full weld in roll cage is.........wait for it .........a full bolt in roll cage

this has to be the same as either a front or rear strut brace only it goes in zee middle of zee fooking car:thumbsup:

whytie

looks like a good piece of kit, but i would'nt see it as a alternative to a cage. Unless your a midget and dont need the head room if you roll it

eastwood

When I said alternative I didnt mean it would be as good as but alternative for stiffing the car and still being able to use the back seat.
Im sure it would help somwhere a lot of other Jap cars are using them.
If I got one or made one it would be being used inconjunction with front and rear strut braces and 4 point chassis brace already on my car.

johnsy

dont you some times get the feeling that they make these things just for people to buy , and dont really have a function,

i have only seen one of these on honda

eastwood

Reading info on the Sylvia sites and RX7 they seem to think they do work be interesting to try one.

vss irvine

mx5 needs all the bracing it can get due to soft top, i dont think these would be noticed on a tin top road car.

topdoggtir

You can't have this and a rear roll cage in as the middle section of the cage will hit this I think at the bolt in sections.

A guy on the mods site is selling one, I enquired and he was after 300...lol....I said hell no.

I think its pointless.
I think you can also mount them higher up and they can bolt to the front seat belt mounts

hkspulsar

£300 quid, having a laugh isn't he?!? Whats his name Derek Trotter?

Just bought a 6 point cage for that money! and atleast I know it will be beneficial!!