Rear Indicators

GTiR_Mic

Alright folks, does anyone know the best way to remove the rear indicator lenses so that it is just white the top half and red the bottom :?: :roll:

Cheers Michael

S

Stoned

Just take the clusters off, bash off the orange bit and break it up inside with a drill or something

Then pull the bits out. Dont do what I did last night and use a screwdriver as a chisel to break the orange bit up, you will crack the glass underneath ;)

GTiR_Mic

I tried it with long nose pliers it was coming but was going to take ages and kind of cut up ma hand a bit :(

Michael

LeeSmith

or heat them up in the oven (not cook em!) so that the glue gets hot & allows u to seperate the cluster, then pop out the orange lens, pop the cluster back in the oven for a little while & then wedge the lens & cluster together again & let the glue settle....

P.S I haven't done this mind! I read it somewhere B4!!!

A

AZ STE

I actually used wire cutters rather than long nose pliers cut the plastic tended to break up better. If you are looking for silver bulbs (good quality now silver fusion are gone) try www.powerbulbs.com . I got 4 x silver indicator bulbs philips quality and two free blue front sidelights for £25 inc p&p :wink:

JU5TY

Don’t do it the oven way, it's hard to get a perfect seal again…

I did mine without even taking the clusters off the car (as is it me or are the clusters bonded as well as bolted to the car?!). I used a dremel with the drill part to break up the orange lens from inside. Once id got rid of all the orange lens used the hoover to suck out any left over bits, although there was still some the hoover couldn’t get to, so used a bike pump valve to blow it into an area I could hoover. :wink:

A

AZ STE

Yes I agree dont take the lights off the car you will have a wet boot forever more.

Nad

Yeah they are bolted and bonded, damamged mine trying to get them off so left them on. Always a few microscopic bits left inside but nothing u can really see. And yes, it can cut ur fingers up nicely trying to get round the corners!

Nad

JU5TY

Try the bike pump technique Nad, then hoover. I managed to clear out all the orange including the microscopic bits. :wink:

And yeah I also cut my hand doing it… :(