Rear calipers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Are the bodies knackered? If not, could you rebuild them with new seals and pistons; that will set you back ~£67 for all the seals and two pistons (so the entire axle) from Bigg Red. - They'll rebuild them and coat the caliper too if you prefer.

There seem to be a lot of people after them at the moment, and the last time I asked for any there weren't any for sale (which is why I rebuilt mine).

chopper

By all accounts rear calipers are being as hard to get as an uncut front bumper. rebuilding them is the way forward even if it costs a little more. least you know that they'll be good for a few more years. there is no guaranty the second set you buy wont fail in 6 months time!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It costs less to rebuild the caliper than to buy a reconditioned one. - You'd be lucky if you could get one caliper on an exchange basis for £67.

Thanks for the input fella's, trouble is i am impatient i was going to stick a working set on mine just so i could use it before the tax runs out at the end of the month while i refurb my current units ready for next year when i will use it properly again.

Oh well patients is a virtue:roll:

vss irvine

By all accounts rear calipers are being as hard to get as an uncut front bumper
front bumpers are still available from nissan, so are towing eye covers, and rear calipers are available from plenty of suppliers as completely refurbished items.

personally id be willing to spend my money on brakes as a high priority item.

bensmith907

front bumpers are still available from nissan, so are towing eye covers, and rear calipers are available from plenty of suppliers as completely refurbished items..
Any Idea how much these items are from nissan, Ive given up asking them for bits after they quoted me £400+ for a bonet scoop and 611euros for a CV joint

vss irvine

last time i heard front bumpers were around £200, towing eye covers were about £56, rear refurbished calipers were about £90-£100 exchange

bonnet scoop you would be better with a secondhand unit,

the rubber seals are about £37 for the big vent and £8 each for the small side ones

cv joints are exactly the same as nissan sunny 1.6 sr fwd cv's.

front and rear on the gtir are the same.

if you need anything from nissan then call mike at mjp eastern autos, he can get you almost everything that nissan can.

Last edited: