Rear brakes: Most aggresive pads?

Trip

Metal bashing. I have some machines to help, but it was mostly just sweat, and some 30mm sq ali bar
With all the machining to fit the calipers, how come you haven't considered combining the calipers with larger disks ?

Jon Olds

Cost mostly.
Spent about £350 so far. Pr calipers, pads, metal, modified hoses, bespoke handbrake cables.
Machining costs are free, as I have the kit.
Also, I have a further upgrade route still open

olliecast

well done john, looks excellent, its an interesting conversion, which caliper did you use?

where are you sprinting in 2 weeks? i miss the my first meet a week sunday as i`m on holiday :(

Jon Olds

the rally design wilwood powerlight one.
its the british champ sprint at croft on easter monday, my local circuit.
always look forward to it, mixing with the 'toffs'....ha!
just taken the poxy 34mm turbo restrictor out (rally regs), so it may even go like a proper car now
Jon

Trip

Did you also fit the rally design powerlite hand brake cables or did you DIY the standard ones ?

Jon Olds

No, used the front single bit from the handbrake assembly, and then drew what was required for the rear pair. Googled custom handbrake cables. Got two cos. Faxed them a drwaing copy. One came out at 32 quid other at 30 quid. each. plus, plus.
Hope I got the dimensions right!!!
Will find out soon.
The obvious downside is that the cable is 1/8" dia inner. Not very sturdy looking
Jon

Jon Olds

Not expecting much from the handbrake. It certainly wont be used during competition. Hopefully, it will be MOTable. Whoever designed it sized the mechanism for 1/8" cable. Probably suited to a much lighter car