RE-SHIMMING!

Shaun

:D Hopefully,i've found someone local to re-shim my tappets for me :D Telephoned NISSAN and they didnt want to know,they are ok taking my money when i want parts :evil: But as soon as anything technical comes along,they loose their bottle :!: They then gave me another number to ring,but as soon as i mentioned IMPORT they S**T their selves aswell,so i had to call in the artillary in the form of a friend who preps rally cars :lol:
Gotta take it in on Monday,so i'll let you know how i get on :wink:

LeeSmith

cool :-D I need this done, i been quoted £135 + parts off a friend of a friend!

so ill be getting it done sometime soon.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Jobi Joba said:
shims are available in UK???????? :shock: :shock:

Nissan France doesn't even list them!!! :cry:
So how do Nissan France intend to reshim an engine when it needs it.:shock:

Next time you go in, have a look at their computer and point out the shim to them. :wink:

Shaun

:lol: Well if NISSAN France is the same as NISSAN UK,then i don't think they will want the job either :lol:

Jobi Joba

Fast Guy said:
Jobi Joba said:
shims are available in UK???????? :shock: :shock:

Nissan France doesn't even list them!!! :cry:
So how do Nissan France intend to reshim an engine when it needs it.:shock:

Next time you go in, have a look at their computer and point out the shim to them. :wink:
shims for GTIR are specific...and only 4 have already been ordered in France!!!!So Nissan France doesn't have created the ref in their part list!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

if anyone in the east sussex area needs an engine re-shimming,then st. leonards nissan can do it.not just cause i work for them though!its an easy job,if you know what your doing.seems most nissan garages dont want to help.stupid really,as its the same for micras,primeras,almeras.

MarkTurbo

gti-r no 163,

Just out of interest how much does that nissan garge charge for reshimming?

Well labour charges, cos i expect the parts prices would be different from car to car depending on how many shims were needed.

A

Anonymous

as its the nissan garage that i work at,and as either me, or another mechanic who has been with nissan for 9 years) would be doing it,i can get the parts trade price,and get a gd deal on the labour.