re-shell issues

deewig

After re-shelling my pulsar I have ended up with no spark and no dash (warning) lights. I am running OMEX 600, trigger wheel and map sensor set up,
The present shell is a couple of years newer but the main plugs are about the same, I have more relays under the dash (one is beeping until ignition on), the the old shell was pretty chopped about,
It seems like I`m missing an earth or maybe have an imobiliser fitted but I cant find one.
Car ran ok when I pulled it apart, I have fuel pump.
Any insight would be appreciated, maybe someone has had a similar problem.

splmum

After re-shelling my pulsar I have ended up with no spark and no dash (warning) lights.
Can't help with the spark but no dash could be the difference between a series 1 or series 2 dash, they are not direct interchangeable. So if the new shell is 'a couple of years newer' you have either a S1 shell and S2 dash or an S2 shell and an S1 dash. You need S2/S2 or S1/S1.

deewig

That makes sense then, I have sold the other dash as well, lol, I have indicators and fuel gauge and lighting but no warning lights, I know the lad who bought it so will maybe speak to him, thanks for your help.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Check you haven't connected the 2 plugs in the engine bay the wrong way round, it won't start if you do.

Can someone remind me which 2 it is, it's been a while since they've been mentioned. Ignition and gearbox or something? They're the only 2 identical connectors I believe.

deewig

Thanks for your replies, key reminder sounds about right, I did not have one in the old shell, the relay (right hand side one in the set of three behind dash) bleeps as soon as key inserted until ignition.
The wires were all labeled for the re-shell, a mate told me about the two connectors, think he said dizzy and reverse light.
Think I may know the spark problem. the ecu was sent back to OMEX to be checked as I was having a problem with it. As it was tried on another car I`m hoping it was returned to me blank with no calibration present