re: Blitz boost controller

jonny5

Hey,

some advice would be muchly appreciated...please ;-)

I am looking to buy a boost controllerm having a look on ebay i see that there is a 'buy now' price of only 187 pounds for a Blitz Dual SBC Spec R Boost Controller.

this is from a company called jps trading, I dont understand why its so much cheaper than the rest of these boost controllers, are they renound for making fake branded gadgets or is that just a steal of a price as most companies put a lot of mark up?

has anybody bought stuff from them before, was it good?

help would be much appreciated,

cheers

Jonny

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BLITZ-DUAL-SBC-DSBC-Spec-R-Boost-Controller-Turbo_W0QQitemZ290160365024QQihZ019QQcategoryZ32094QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Lionel

its comeing from Tokyo so it will be cheeper then over in the UK. BUT if you unlucky and get a bill from customs for tax etc it will bump the cost up.

jonny5

thanks for the reply Lionel, think i might risk it and see what happens. worst I will have to pay is 17.5% im guessing.

cheers

Jonny

snoon

I have the Blitz ID SBC and it is fine. Think it is £500 from Blitz tho so might be different to the spec R your talking about.

jonny5

i was drawn to the scramble mode, do all boost controllers have that?

if i can get another one with scramble mode and its easy to set up then thats gunna make me smile more :)

I was reading previous posts bout em, but none really mentioned the above ' scramble mode '

please excuse my ignorance, i have many excuses!

snoon

Mine has the scramble mode, but I have never used it.

If I want more boost, I just turn it up!!

jonny5

pulsR320GTR said:
scramble mode if for girly-men :p :-D

are you seriously considering a boost controller with only an air filter and exhaust mods to go with it? What about your fuel pump/ecu.... maybe an oil cooler and clutch too... or you going for the turn up boost and BOOM!?
WHo said anything about running higher boost with just those mods, I ahve a walbro 255 lph pump coming, fmic, I have an uprated clutch and the car is going to dastek for a remap. reckon it should be fine with those mods. Maybe get an oil cooler further down the line.

all above parts will be fitted at the same time, I dont abuse my ARR that much! ;-)

Last edited:

jonny5

thanks mate.

clutch is already fitted ;-) so thats one engine out job I can avoid till it starts to slip like a mario kart racer on a banana skin :)

Seems im just gunna get my R back from calder then its gunna be taken off the road to fit these parts. I hope it will only be for a few days tho.

Think my next mod after taking it to around 300 bhp will be a phat brake conversion.

Niice... what turbo n sized injectors u get?