Raising the compression?

G

gordo

what mods??

hi folks. i am new to the pulsar so looking for some info. i am looking to get my car to around 350bhp safely. it already has a full magnex not sure if it has a decat not checked, front mount and filter. i have a walbro pump on its way as the previous owner has set the boost to 16psi. at what stage do i need to start looking at the ecu? and what do you recommend? would i need to go for the e manage and avcr or a power fc?
also where is the best place to get parts? ie strut braces and engine dress up parts
thanks for any help

davey red.r

for a safe 350 your going to have to upgrade your turbo,as standard will be maxing out about 330 mark, bigger injectors,no need for a power fc, a standard ecu can be remapped,saving cash over the power fc option,some nice cams,your standard box wont be really be up to it ,yeah it might last a while ,but its just a matter of time,until it melts gear teeth,then your going to need at least 4pot brakes ,to slow you down from those horses,as the single piston calliper,struggles to deal with standard bhp,

hope that helps you on your mission;-)

davey

G

gordo

thanks yeah a brake it will come very soon. when you say upgrade the the turbo do you mean a hybrid or an aftermarket? where is the best place to go for a remap in scotland? upgrade the gearbox to what? that sounds expensive!

snoon

Gearbox is expensive. A couple of grand for a good one.

You can upgrade the standard T28 with better internals and seals which will see 350 BHP, or change to a 3071 for 400+.

Your going to need to change the turbo elbow/downpipe to see 350 too. But 350 can be achieved with standard cams and AFM.

Your going to need a decent clutch too.

G

gordo

bloody hell bit more work than i expected. my car before was a 350bhp gt4 at 0.9 bar but didnt need to do that much work as the gearbox could take it had a twin plate clutch hybrid turbo front mount turbo back exhaust straight intake uprated fuel pump.

G

gordo

i think it will be as dont want to start upgrading gearboxes and stuff as it is my everyday car. think al just do a couple of bit and then just tidy up the engine bay so it looks the part.

youngsyp

Unfortunately, the only way to tell how much extra NVH you'll get is to know what polyurethane they used to make them. There are so many different grades that they could be very good and you'll barely notice the difference between them and OE mounts.
Or, they could be really bad and almost solid in nature. That would be horrific for NVH levels.

I'm surprised that know one bought a set but, that could be telling a different story.....

I'd be interested to know how good these are too as, I'd like to get all my engine mounts changed.

Paul

markweatherill

Just to update... I managed to remove the rear driveshafts and the differential. 24kg or so gone just like that. If anyone would like the diff for any reason, do let me know! Small offers considered.

K9ng

I already have the front gearbox mount and tbh you can't tell the difference,
just wanted some opinions on the difference with the other 2 done.
Hopefully someone who has a set will be along soon..