Raising boost in an S14 200SX

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I know its not really R related but its something that some will be able to help me out with...

Looking to raise teh boost on a mates S14 200SX...

He's currently got:-

3" Exhaust
Walbro Fuel Pump
Bailey Dump Valve
Denzo Plugs

Is it safe to raise the boost to 1bar...???

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
He certainly should be - a m8 of mine is running 1.2bar with a Blitz SBC-ID and the similar set-up as your mate (tho he runs a skyline pump and Blitz exhaust+filter).

However the turbo has started to give up the ghost..so prob 1-1.1 bar is safe. (He saw 304bhp on the rollers with that setup)

Hope this helps :D

donpulsar

A

Anonymous

The general opinion on the SXOC BB is that the std. injectors are maxed out at 1 bar.

mattygti-r

the general opinion on here is that u cant have sig pics :lol: :wink: :oops:

yep think they max out at 1bar on the 200sx's

A

Anonymous

mattygti-r said:
the general opinion on here is that u cant have sig pics :lol: :wink: :oops:
Yeah I just had a PM from a mod about that - apparently it should be OK if resize it to below 15KB, which I've done :)

donpulsar

His car runs fine @ 1.2 bar, with no hopping,stuttering,pinking or detonation, just a huge wall of power. (Think I forgot to mention he has a Hybrid FMIC). He does know that he can't go any higher without SAFC & injectors + new turbo..so he's content-ish at the mo.

donpulsar

A

Anonymous

donpulsar said:
His car runs fine @ 1.2 bar, with no hopping,stuttering,pinking or detonation, just a huge wall of power.
Probably does run fine at the moment, yeah - in my opinion he's living on the edge tho; I wouldn't overwork those injectors for too long, they must be working at 100% duty cycle with that sort of boost.

I'll dig out the equation for working out injector duty cycle if you don't believe me :)

donpulsar

That equation would be very useful mate :)

It's not a case of not believing - I know he's researched his mods thouroughly, BUT I know I wouldn't run the 'R on 1.2Bar without a fuel computer and other bits, and yeah, with the smaller injectors on the 200 I guess he's living rather close to the line as you say..I guess the FMIC & Skyline pump are helping him stay this side of a rebuild :!:

Cheers,
donpulsar

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Set it up to 1bar last night for him...

All seems fine... He's loving it!!...