Radiator mounting rubbers

projectgtir

Its the top ones im after but i think the bottom ones are the same .
Could do with a set tonight if anyones got any in west mids I have a bike so dont mind coming to you.
Really wanted to get my car back on the road this weekend.

Animaldaz

FYI the top and bottem mounts are different, the top ones are very flimsy whereas the bottem ones are fairly substantial. I replaced all of mine and got raped by my local Nissan dealer in the process!

skiddusmarkus

Is it possible to buy some polyurathene and recon your old ones?I know people have done it with engine mounts. and there's a lot less load on the rad than them.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I just used some sections of silicone hose to simulate the rubber bush - it's not perfect, but the radiator hasn't fallen-out, so I figure it's not that bad either.

skiddusmarkus

Yeah, or could use some silicon sealant.Put the mount on something flat with cling film in between, fill up the gaps and leave to set for a day or so.Not perfect but it should do the trick.

vss irvine

i know it wont help just now but im having these re-made in polyurethane, theyre at the manufacturers now, just waiting on some samples arriving

projectgtir

Going to try Nissan tomorrow and see how much they want .

How long do you think the polybushes will be Irvine . Tempted to wait if it's soon .
Price?

Animaldaz

Just found the invoice and it's not as bad as I thought. Top rubber 2150650J00 £2.20 bottem rubber 2150760J00 £9.26. Those are plus vat and it was in feb 07 so could be alot more now.