rad is cold but bottom & top pipes r hot

G

garyRR

hi all , help plz,just had a rr tune at power engineering today 232 bhp/202lbs torque well happy went in with 190bhp!:( ,drove car home WICKED POWER GAIN!,scared myself a couple of times!,neway after getting home oil was about half way on dial,water was normal half way too,so i let it stand just to cool off a bit ,drove home still fine,then when to freinds house noticed water temp getting hotter than normal never hapend b4 this was normal driving not fast,neway i then thought nothink of it ,came out of freinds 30 mins later drove home oil temp is rising more that it ever has & water temp was getting near the 2 lines at the end of the gauge!:( got home (just!) b4 anythink critical happend!,checked rad hoses thay r well hot ,i have a new rad & stat bled 100% no probs but rad was cold!:( , im thinking is this a waterpump buggerd?,i have had a squeally sort of noise a few times lateley when cold coming from the pullys near the alt any help would be great! thanx in advance! :)

geetee

Possibly ur Power Steering / Water pump belt is slipping or the water pump itself is siezed.

But if you just fitted a new rad it is more than likely just an air lock.

Let the engine get stone cold, then take off the rad cap. Let the motor run for a few minutes and any air bubbles should be expelled via the rad.

When it starts to warm up the coolant will get to the top of the filler on the rad - turn it off and let it cool down again.

Repeat a few times. Let it go cold then top up the rad and expansion bottle.

See if that helps.

You can also see if the water pump has siezed.... with the motor running look down the left hand side of the motor (from front) and towards the back u'll see the thinner of the 2 belts coming up from the crank pulley over 2 smaller pulleys higher up. The water pump is the one nearer the front of the motor.... make sure it is spinning :)

Check the tension on the belt (stop the engine 1st!) as per

http://www.mummachummas.co.uk/gtir/DRIVE_BELTS.PDF

Cheers
GeeTee 8)