'R Tuners on the south coast??

S

swanny

Hi Guys,

The recently purchased 'R is just about to hit 90,000 miles and I figure is due a service.

Could you recommend any good (and more importantly trust worthy) tuners in and around the south coast ? closer to Portsmouth the better as thats where i'm from :)

I'd just like to add she is mildly tuned running as ner as damn it to 300bhp (with graphs). I think mod wise she has an uprated fuel pump and a bar of boost with usual zorst and filter mods.

Cheers, Swanny

A

AJ4

cant you service it yourself ? You dont need a tuner specifically to do a service either, they'll charge you £60 an hour wheras a normal garage would only charge you around £30 an hour for a service.

depends what level of service you require, but if its just an oil and belt change then anyone can do it.

nitrosgti-r

Theres always INTERPRO in Bristol? Iv been there and theyr very good and they will look over her for you and make sure every thing is running swimmingly too if you ask them ;)

antgtir

D-Fens said:
cant you service it yourself ? You dont need a tuner specifically to do a service either, they'll charge you £60 an hour wheras a normal garage would only charge you around £30 an hour for a service.

depends what level of service you require, but if its just an oil and belt change then anyone can do it.
Agreed with that, i wouldn't bother about the tuner route just for a service as it will cost you an arm and a leg for parts and labour, do it yourself if you have the tools etc much more pleasing;-)

Ant.

KF79GTIR

HI ya mate i am in fareham just down the road from you what do you want to do in the service i am pretty handy with the r i have just found out today i have terminal engine probs

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Do it yourself... Other than that i don't think Rising Sun is too far away...

Rishi

S

swanny

cheers for the posts guys, It's not that i'm lazy I just don't want to go fecking anything up on my baby :)

KF79GTIR - Do you own a black 'R ? If so I think i've seen you about. Mine is Ivory White. Service wise I was just wanting everything checked over really. Not sure if it needs the belt doing at 90k ? Also an oil + filter change, plus I think it needs some plugs as it has recently started getting a little bit jumpy high up in the rev range.

T

Tug

I was in Fareham till June last year, might be back up there from next week onwards again

O

Odin

swanny said:
Not sure if it needs the belt doing at 90k ?

You muppet :roll: :der: , The GTI-R has a chain driving the cam's :doh: NOT A BELT :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

S

swanny

Ha ha good lad thunder... i'll learn one day :)

So for 90k what would you advise and who fancies doing it for some beer tokens ?

S

swanny

Yeh you're probably right Fens... Maybe I could do it myself. Any ideas what parts I should be looking at replacing for a 300bhp 'R thats just hit 90k ?

A

AJ4

Plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, fuel filter, air filter ( if applicable ), water / antifreeze change, oil changes in the engine / gearbox.

Also worth doing is the adjustments that are possible such as checking the timing, adjusting the throttle position sensor etc.

If you want to be really anal, remove all the oil breather pipes and catch tank and give them a good clean out as well.

S

swanny

Cheers mate, thats a nice little list to be getting started with. I should be able to get the bits myself then do most of the above.

Who are a good supplier for 'R parts ?

S

swanny

Ah ok, so the stock parts are up to the job even on a modified motor ? ie you don't require uprated plugs / leads etc ??

O

Odin

swanny said:
Ah ok, so the stock parts are up to the job even on a modified motor you don't require uprated plugs / leads etc ??

Depends what boost your running for plugs mate, I'm running Denso 8's on mine standard is NGK 7's.

Everything else is fine for a modded motor, Just make sure you use a good quality Oil and a proper Nissan oil filter.

Rob

S

swanny

I'm running a bar of boost, so nothing too heavy really. Just didnt want to go fitting a standard part that wasnt up to the job.

I've read the various topics about oil, so have a good idea on what to get on that front. Off to Nissan for the other bits, then i'll have a tinker this weekend :)