R Evaluations

GTiR-Aholic

Bit stupid really but I was just looking over my R thread:
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56471

and wondering what my cars' value is if I was to sell it today..? not to just anybody but to an enthusiast.. what would be a reasonable value?

I'm sure we all wonder.. and we all value our cars ourself.. some undervalue to match current climate and some over value because it's our pride & joy!!

Anyways.. I think it would be nice to make an Owners Club Valuation program where the owner of the R gets a seal verifying his cars value to display on the site and on ebaY or wherever he wants to display it.. to show it's been valued by the Owners Club.

Obviously, it's not a case of looking at a few pics and saying yeah this dude has been on the forums for years he's a mate bump it up or it looks mint on the outside add a few hundred.. it would have to be kept strict so that it's fair right across the line.

But not only does it help when coming to sell the cars but I think it's a nice added feature to have.

Ever heard of Google PageRank? They offer similar services right across the internet and give pageranks to all websites depending on their quality of content and links to/from other sites..

I run my own hosting company (42ct.com) and I offer a pagerank checking service here:
http://www.42ct.com/seo-tools/index.php

From there you can check your pagerank and then you get invited to display our pagerank verification seal on your site :thumbsup:

Anyways it would require some work.. a guideline etc but I would love to see it :)

noriek2003

GTiR-Aholic said:
I think it would be nice to make an Owners Club Valuation program where the owner of the R gets a seal verifying his cars value to display on the site and on ebaY or wherever he wants to display it.. to show it's been valued by the Owners Club.
dont want to sound like an @rse but....

nobody, and i repeat nobody other then the 20 or so regular users that now use this forum give a rats arse about this owners club or its opinion. It would be a completely pointless exercise.

these cars are worthless, the fact that every decent one in recent times has been sold off in bits says it all.

vss irvine

Bit stupid really but I was just looking over my R thread:
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56471

and wondering what my cars' value is if I was to sell it today..? not to just anybody but to an enthusiast.. what would be a reasonable value?

I'm sure we all wonder.. and we all value our cars ourself.. some undervalue to match current climate and some over value because it's our pride & joy!!

Anyways.. I think it would be nice to make an Owners Club Valuation program where the owner of the R gets a seal verifying his cars value to display on the site and on ebaY or wherever he wants to display it.. to show it's been valued by the Owners Club.

Obviously, it's not a case of looking at a few pics and saying yeah this dude has been on the forums for years he's a mate bump it up or it looks mint on the outside add a few hundred.. it would have to be kept strict so that it's fair right across the line.

But not only does it help when coming to sell the cars but I think it's a nice added feature to have.

Ever heard of Google PageRank? They offer similar services right across the internet and give pageranks to all websites depending on their quality of content and links to/from other sites..

I run my own hosting company (42ct.com) and I offer a pagerank checking service here:
http://www.42ct.com/seo-tools/index.php

From there you can check your pagerank and then you get invited to display our pagerank verification seal on your site :thumbsup:

Anyways it would require some work.. a guideline etc but I would love to see it :)
you dont get out much, do you?

karl@sr20

nobody, and i repeat nobody other then the 20 or so regular users that now use this forum give a rats arse about this owners club or its opinion. It would be a completely pointless exercise.
20 or so users? well 65 peps have look;ed at this today:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

SunOnGTiR

these cars are worthless, the fact that every decent one in recent times has been sold off in bits says it all.
True,I totally agree with you.

MarkTurbo

I don't know about a seal to verify the cars value but i'm sure there must be somebody in this club that could knock you up a certificate to say you're "special" :mong:

darkyGTI-R

Did someone or some people get out of the bed the wrong side this morning?:der::evil:

Last edited by a moderator:

noriek2003

nope, no wrong side of the bed for me.

Despite what the current user name would suggest i've been an active member since 2003, so i've seen this forum/owners club go from what it was, to what it is now. What it is now, despite some of you being stupid enough to pay money for it and getting some stickers is not a patch on what it once was, and if any of you honestly think that having some bullshit interclub valuation thingy-me-bob is going to make your car worth more when you try and sell it you are quite clearly deluded,

Last edited:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
there's just no demand for our cars, i'm not saying there's no one out there loking for a GTiR, it's just no one wants to pay what they are really worth.

At the end of the day if you buy one and look after it you should get your money back when you come to sell it on, that's as good as it gets. if you modify it engine wise etc then its just a personal gain nothing else, the car will be worth slightly more but you won't get anywhere near back what you have put into it.

a 3 grand R now will still fetch 3 grand next year, but bang for buck it's still one of the best cars to buy and not a lot else comes close, that's the biggest positive from owning one.

GTiR-Aholic

wow didn't know this thread would actually get responses haha.. I was at home bored .. no work and nowhere to go so thought I'd whip something up having not spoken on here for a few days lol.

I don't think it would add any great value to the car really and from the responses definitely a useless idea but still i'd like to know what others think of what my cars value is.. completely ignoring the current recession.. just based on the facts because i definitely over value it by just adding up my receipts and knocking a bit off the top lol.

What do you think Rich's R is worth (The white Redline one)?