R cuts boost..

S

samellio

If your car ever cuts boost for whatever reason try turning it off waiting a minute then turning it back on.. Hey presto boost returns to normal..
Not sure why they do this but it has nothing to do with the standard intercooler..(i got a forge front mount on my last car and it was still the same).
Also my old car did this annoying boost thing for the entire time i owned it with no damaging effects- it has over 110k miles on it now and still goes strong on the original engine and turbo(ran at 1 bar for last 60k miles thrashed round umpteen tracks and 1/4 mile tested!!)

Hope this can be of help :wink:

Sam

andygtir

boost cut - to 0.5bar is usually down to the det sensor being triggered and the ecu cutting boost to save the engine.

S

samellio

yup... or if you are running 1 bar it'll cut to about .7 bar.. However simply turning the car off and back on again stops it from doing this...You have any idea why??

S

samellio

in other words if it is triggered by the det sensor why is fine after you have turned the car off and back on??
:?

J

J-GTi-R

You're basically re-setting the car so it returns out of safe mode. The main reason for it happening is because either the DET is faulty, or the ignition timing is too far advanced and hasn't been set up proprly for UK fuel (mine does it all the time in the summer).

GTIR-LOZ

yup agree with J the turning off of the engine resets the ecu limiter and starts it over again although mine has never done it :D