quick Q

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
has anyone know / ever heard off a GT29rs garret turbo
i have the 28rs but there's a lad i know who got 1 off a gtir for his gtir its just ive never heard of it before :der:

tanx lads :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip

has anyone no / ever heard off a GT29rs garret turbo
i have the 28rs but theirs a lad i no who got 1 of a gtir for his gtir its just ive never heard of it b4 :der:

tanx lads :thumbsup:

slightly off topic. How do you find the 28RS ?

HotSnot92

i no ollie :thumbsup:
just think its a 28rs but he was told its a 29rs and good for 420 bhp :der: just hope he did not get ripped off 800e 4 a 2nd hand turbo :oops::oops:

Trip

find it very good low down responce is vg but runs out of steam up high :doh: for what it is its a good turbo :thumbsup:

Have you got more info about it.

At what rpm does it run out of steam ?
At what rpm does it spool to max desired boost ?
BHPtorque figures ?

HotSnot92

At what rpm does it run out of steam around 5500/6500 rpm
At what rpm does it spool to max desired boost 4500rpm i think
BHPtorque figures 341 bhp @5697rpm lbft is 354.5 @4646rpm @ 1.5bar :oops: but thats on 95ron

Trip

BHPtorque figures 341 bhp @5697rpm lbft is 354.5 @4646rpm @ 1.5bar :oops: but thats on 95ron

4500 looks a little high for that turbo considering you will run out of steam at 1 to 2 K rpm later.

i was hoping you'd tell me around 3000rpm or less

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member

I think the standard turbo wouldn't be too far behind that at 1.5bar if set up well.

Is this the turbo that Keiron hates? well, he says it's very badly mismatched? If so, I can see why.

My standard turbo makes about 225bhp at the hubs at 4750rpm, rising slightly to a peak of 237bhp at 6565rpm but holds over 225bhp all the way to at least 7300rpm, so that's a 2500rpm power band(this was on AETs hub dyno)

It's making bang on 1bar at 6565rpm and my peak torque is 246bhp at 4600rpm

M

micra man

4500 looks a little high for that turbo considering you will run out of steam at 1 to 2 K rpm later.

i was hoping you'd tell me around 3000rpm or less
pat does havnt a clue what hes on about,old age i suppose:lol:
his turbo is on full boost at just below 3k and pills strong to 6.5k
he never revved past that i dont think:der:

HotSnot92

pat does havnt a clue what hes on about,old age i suppose:lol:
his turbo is on full boost at just below 3k and pills strong to 6.5k
he never revved past that i dont think:der:
boost comes on at 2.5k :thumbsup:
Your right bud im too old i read the post wrong :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think the standard turbo wouldn't be too far behind that at 1.5bar if set up well.
That makes sense because the 28RS should just be a 28 with ball bearings in it instead of a journal bearing.
It can't flow any more than the standard one, but it should spool quicker because of the bearings.

Or have I just proved that I don't know as much as I think I do?

MarkTurbo

Is this the turbo that Keiron hates? well, he says it's very badly mismatched? If so, I can see why
I think thats the 2876 he hates! I thought the gt28rs flowed a little bit more air than a standard turbo, isnt a T28/GT28 rated at around 320/330 bhp and the Gt28rs around 360bhp?

I think my standard turbo would hit 1.4 bar by around 4000 rpm!