Question about seats

A

Anonymous

I am going to order some bucket seats for my GTI-R out of the U.S. I would like to know what car to order them for so that the bracket for the seats would be comapatible. I would like to know if I should order those for the Nissan Sentra(Sunny). Your help will be appreciated. Peace out.

jimjpe61

There is no other car with subfarmes that'll match. Sorry, but it's a harsh truth! Our floorpans are a nightmare when it comes to aftermarket seats. Your best bet is to order from somewhere like Cobra or Bride (?) who have produced aftermarket subfraems specific for aftermarket seats.

Be warned though - the standard GTI-R seats are designed so that your bum sits BELOW the runners of the subframe (i.e. you sit between the runners). Most aftermarket seats and subframes will raise the driver's height by several inches, mainly due to the fact that the seat has padding, where the GTI-R seat's base works almost like a hammock! I fitted Corbeau Carrerras with custom fabricated subframes to my GTI-R and you'll find that you may be too high, the sun visor blocks your view when used when driving and that the rear view mirror also blocks your view.

Always worth doing the research before spending a wedge of cash...

Jim.