Quaffe box questions

katemc

Quaife box questions

Hi all ,

Im building my R at the moment and need advise with the box!:roll:

My question is im really looking at a quaife box for it , has anyone had issues with these?
I can see why drag racing is proberly not a good idea but is it likly to strip the teeth etc?
ideally i would like a dog box , or dog 1-2 quaife 3-4-5 etc but its too much money at the moment!!:cry:

Thanks
Kate

Last edited:

red reading

Helical gear's put thrust side loads on the case and break the casings kate,this only really happen's when launching the car tho. money aside kate i would go dog & straight cut 1st-4th and syncro/helical cut 5th ,with a straight cut final drive kit.

katemc

Helical gear's put thrust side loads on the case and break the casings kate,this only really happen's when launching the car tho. money aside kate i would go dog & straight cut 1st-4th and syncro/helical cut 5th ,with a straight cut final drive kit.
Thanks for that
i think i may go with the quaife for now then , just be a bit softer on it lol. And build a hybrid box as funds allow!!

Last edited:

Mad

I now have Craig's old Quaiffe box which run many quarter miles at circa 530bhp without any problems and after checking out the internals is just fine.
The ppg gearset is superior and you can choose your own ratios which is great for track / quarter mile but was way out of my budget.

I still have to receive my PAR gearset. Should be delivered shortly.
They do not charge an extra for custom ratios and Gerard from PAR is a very kind guy. I am confident that it will give good results. They have also updated the material used and done small changes to the design so it will be easier to install it properly.
Will post pics of the gears once received

P

pulsarboby

ive had my quaife fitted for over 3 years now and other than the bearings being kaput when i first bought it and it getting jammed in gear once, ive never had a prob with it....the gearset itself is fine and its`taken some serious abuse over the years!

i have a goodun with build reciept if your interested kate, il also get it checked over to make sure everything is ok inside.
could be a cheaper option for you

katemc

thanks for all the info , think i will go with the quaffe and see what happens!

Bob , i have my eye on that box but unless you do 0% it may have to wait a few months lol!!