Pulsar v's cerbera 4.5

C

Cyclone

ChrisS said:
Not sure how to paste links, but thought you lot might be interested in my run in with a 4.5 cerb on the way to TOTB. You'll need to scroll about 2/3rds down the thread.

He's the page

http://www.fccuk.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB10&Number=485676&page=0&fpart=2
Chris,

Nice bit of kit you have there.

As I said on FCCUK, a 400bhp Pulsar v a 400bhp Cerb there won't be much in it. They both weigh about the same, mine weighs in at 1260kg's and not the 1100kg's that TVR quotes, I reckon your Pulsar is around the same, maybe a bit more. I floored it in fourth when ideally I should have dropped into third, at first you held the gap, but at the top end of fourth I just started to pull away, then on into fifth, but not by much. I thought you must have between 350-400bhp, which turned out to be right. It's always good to have a run against another quick motor.

What spec was the 911 Turbo you referred to?

Dooie Pop Pop

the old transmission losses dont help either :( since iv had mine (R) running the way i like it (370lbft 395bhp) iv been absolutley gagging to have a go at a tvr. i really like em :p

T

Toady

cool! im thinking about selling my R now ive finnished it to buy a 4.2 cerb! nice one that man! alway fun to have a proper car race! :wink: :lol:

T

Toady

are you the guy who used to hava cerb, and was wanting to do a px for a pulsar a few months ago? :?

C

Cyclone

Toady,

No that wasn't me.

I did used to have a 4.2 a couple of cars before I bought the 4.5. A 4.2 is a good choice to start with, it should have a genuine 340-360 bhp, whereas most 4.5's have anything from 330-365 bhp and not the 420 TVR quotes :roll: , they do have a bit more torque. My 4.5 is running an Emerald ECU which is why I get 400bhp. It'll be a bit different to the R :wink: , no traction when launching :shock: , back end out on corners, but it sounds and looks stunning. Also make sure you have a slush fund ready, as at some stage during ownership you'll be replacing the clutch (£1-1.5k), starter motor (£350), rear tyres, various electrical gremlins e.g. alarm system, window operation, washer wiper motor and controls, plus all of the noises that create various stages of paranoia :lol: . All in all though it's worth the experience.

Dooie Pop Pop

Cyclone said:
plus all of the noises that create various stages of paranoia :lol: . All in all though it's worth the experience.
we have something in common then :lol: i love the sound those motors make :twisted:

T

Toady

yeah. it doesnt sound too diss-similar to owning a gti-r, or my 110bhp mini i once had, now that always needed attention! :roll:

C

Cyclone

Toady said:
yeah. it doesnt sound too diss-similar to owning a gti-r, or my 110bhp mini i once had, now that always needed attention! :roll:
:lol: It uses the odd Mini part amongst others, so you should be more than prepared if you ever go into TVR ownership :wink:

C

Cyclone

Toady said:
:lol: It uses the odd Mini part amongst others, so you should be more than prepared if you ever go into TVR ownership :wink:

N

Ninj-r

I got a Chimera and TVR engines sound fantastic :D. They also look great (car not engine)

Want to go for either a Cerbera (4.2) next year, but also like the tuscan & the Sagaris appeals as well. Decisions decisions

Quite a bit goes wrong but mainly they are niggles, doors not locking/unlocking, windows not opening/closing, whole thing switching off, that sort of thing :shock:

paz

Quite a bit goes wrong but mainly they are niggles, doors not locking/unlocking, windows not opening/closing, whole thing switching off, that sort of thing
You talking about the TVR still, or are you back on the R? :lol: ;)

paz

N

Ninj-r

Both, though the R tends to cost 1k each and every time it goes pear shaped.

TVR still has warranty so the 6 times it has had to go back :shock: for said niggley things haven't cost a bean! :D

T

Toady

heh heh! its usually the niggly bits that r the most annoying tho aint it! :roll: None of my cars have been reliable, heh heh, so a cerb sounds like a purrfect next beast! :wink:

N

Ninj-r

I guarantee you will love it 8) :D

But it will p i s s you off at times I guarantee that as well :shock: :twisted:

ChrisS

The 911 turbo was brand new. Dont usually get to que behind acar you've just been having a play with for the next for miles to find out exactly what it is running :D
To be honest i didnt know how mine would compare, got a couple of friends with a griff 500 and chimera 500. Mine is quicker once the turbos spooled up but the brute force and noise on a v8 tvr is :D :D :D .
Aerodynamics on a pulsar arent that great at 130+ either :( .
If only the back road to elvington hadnt had as much traffic :twisted:

ChrisS

And if anyone likes the sound that tvr's make, cyclones is :D :twisted: :shock: . Flames, pops, bangs, the works. Really nice looking car.