problems!!!

simpulsar

ive just took my car for a emissions check for the 3rd time and it has gone up again. i checked for and fault codes but it is showing none. the first emissions check the co was 4.50 the second was 8.56 and i took it back today and its gone up to 10.

anyone got any ideas??:doh:

simpulsar

yes m8 its had injector cleaner and another lambda. also i was told by nistec in swansea to re earth the afm so ive done that but its just going higher

another problem ive got it when i stop at a junction the revs drop right down as if it is going to cut out then it goes back to normal

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you checked the plugs? maybe worth new ones.

Do you have any exhaust leaks?, blocked air filter, faulty coolant sensor, slight boost leak etc? They can all affect emissions.

Your problem at the junction could be due to the over fuelling.

P

pulsarboby

right, i reckon that you have a faulty injector, its probably only one which isn't atomising fuel correctly!
failing that it could be a faulty ecu itself, which isnt allowing the correct pulse width to injectors.
if you want to pay the postage, then i will send you up a good one to try on there, if it solves the problem then you can buy it for a fair price, if not then just return it to me, (dont want your one back in its place though):lol:

definately think its one of the above, ive seen it before on an astra, which turned out to be the ecu!

Shaun

I've got the same problem with my 'R',i've had idle issues for over a year now,not sure about the emissions as i've not had them tested but it is definately dumping the fuel in,i've changed almsot every sensor on the car except the injectors,i changed the ECU last week only to find on the J10 RollingRoad day that i had lost 40bhp with this ECU,it did however sort the idling problem and the sooty tailpipe went away too but as i was only producing 286bhp instead of the 328bhp it normally produced i swapped them back only for the symptoms to return.So to be honest now at a loss so would be intrigued to find out what conclusion you come to.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe your first ecu is massively rich all through the rev range, maybe mapped for bigger injectors and the 2nd one is mapped for the right size injectors so is running ok at the bottom end but lean at the top end?

A remap or a rising rate fpr may help.

Shaun

Sorry to hijack the thread,but to answer FastGuy's post,my original ECU is a Nissan Re-manufactured ECU with a black label and has been on the car from day one but started to cause problems just before i fit a lightened flywheel and the flywheel seemed to make it worse,the second ECU is the normal AC red labelled ECU,i also only have standard injectors.With the red labelled ECU the car idles perfect and never drops when i pull up at a junction but as i said i lost 40 odd bhp at the rolling road day.