Problems ordering parts @ Nissan Dealers

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Hi all,

I don't know how many people have found this out already from experience, or have read from a previous post that Nissan have changed the way the majority of us can order any bits we may need from them. (and prices for Pulsar GTiR parts are different than for the UK Sunny GTiR parts - in the case of a 3/4th selector fork the Jap price was £22 dearer than for the UK car - whats that all about ; they're the same damn part!) :evil:

This change has apparently come about due to Nissan GB not issuing parts discs for import vehicles to their dealers ; dealers now have to email our model number & chassis number to Nissan GB who then check the parts and email back with prices.

When asked what car i was ordering for by 2 dealers i told them a Sunny GTiR, then got told by them "its a pulsar isn't it mate" so i answered "yes, but the imports are the same as the UK cars" (mechanically anyway). To which i was told (in a very cocky, stuck up manner) "no they're not" and that "they would need chassis and model numbers to send off to get a quote". :doh: :roll:

Previously friendly staff seem to have turned into an arrogant bunch of slapnuts with a v.poor attitude who want to do as little as possible to actually help you. :evil:

Last year i had no problems in ordering parts, but this year its starting to p*ss me right off! :x

I can't see things getting any better with this situation for us as import owners, so can someone please PM me with, or put up a Sunny GTiR number that i can use to order some bits please ? :thumbsup:

Many Thanks,

donpulsar :)

Last edited:

gunmetalgtir

Could anyone post a list of some commonly replaced parts and the Sunny part numbers for them??

Might stop them for asking for the chassis number if you just supply the part number you need.

O

Odin

You can just give them the correct part number from this list for a lot of stuff you need, Covers most popular stuff needed.

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46636

If you give them the part number of the part you require they can't really say a lot can they, If you offer to pay for the part in advance that should also help th situation to.

Rob

GTIR-LOZ

i have had no problems ordering any parts from my local nissan and i dont even need a chassis number8)

gunmetalgtir

Odin said:
You can just give them the correct part number from this list for a lot of stuff you need, Covers most popular stuff needed.

http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46636

If you give them the part number of the part you require they can't really say a lot can they, If you offer to pay for the part in advance that should also help th situation to.

Rob
Thanks for that Rob!

I've seen this list before and I thought that this list was for Pulsar parts?

It was a list like that for the Sunny that I was after.

I know it will be the same parts for the Sunny but if Nissan are charging less for them then it might save us a bit of cash giving them that part number instead of the Pulsar one! ;-)

O

Odin

It shouldn't matter if it's for a pulsar or a sunny if you're supplying them with the part number of the required part.

The only time problems arise is when they have to actually look up the part numbers themselves, I'm sure if you go in with the right part number you wont have any problems at all, I never have anyway lol.

Rob

O

Odin

gunmetalgtir said:
It was a list like that for the Sunny that I was after.

If you tell me the part you're after I may be able to get you the correct part number for a UK sunny.

Rob

MarkTurbo

They're all the same numbers you bellends :lol: My car is a sunny and all the part numbers (barring a few bits) are exactly the same as a pulsar, its just nissans way of ripping off you import owners ;-) :lol:

Kev@Apex

They did change the systems over Xmas, and didnt get import CD's.

However they should now have them? I think the dealers had to request them as extra's.

We order a lot of import parts, and it was annoying not being able to get answers straight away on the phone, but at least our nissan dealers have a full system again.

B

boozyboo

ive been ordering parts for my rebuild of nissan and at the start they were complete c@cks, like i was putting them out there way (even though there paid for it) but i got chatting to the dunstable nissan parts center and he said the same thing about the discs, now hes got one its a piece of piss to order. i rang 3 dealers to get a oil pump repair kit (all rotary parts) and i was told by them that they did not make one. funny how iv now got one in my garage bought from the dunstable bloke. cant you jus memerise your serial number its only 5 numbers and 3 letters. problem solved.

O

Odin

snoon said:
My Nissan dealer bends over backwards for me

I think it's probably more a case of them bending you over and lubing you up :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

donpulsar

Hellyeah - aint that the truth! :lol:

Will have a shufty on the parts CD/workshop manual for part numbers for the bits but if anyone has a UK GTiR please PM me !

Cheers,

Keira

he'll send you whatever parts you ask for without any of the nonsense about chassis numbers and parts being different

you pay for it, he'll send it 8)

years ago i had it with nissan over a wheel bearing :roll: the nice man told me he couldn't sell it to me without a chassis number as the parts are different, i politely told them they weren't, he told me they were, i told him they weren't, then he said you wont be able to send it back if it doesn't fit, so i asked why it wouldn't fit, he said its different, i said no it isn't.... :lol: on and on it went until i said, just get me the bloody bearing and i'll worry about it it doesn't fit...which it will, so i wont be worrying...so you can stop worrying about me bringing it back.

Last edited:

gtirjoey

i will post a sunny registration on here my friend has got a old mag.. feature is a english sunny i ordered parts of it once cos i get told import page has crashed evertime i ring a nissan dealer being a trade customer to them i get 15 percent discount they also refuse to give discount on import bits give me couple of days.......

donpulsar

Thanks for the info everyone - will prob. give MJP a try but those Sunny details will be v.helpful :D

Cheers,