price of a standard R

red reading

The tides are turning people, due to the walrus's stripping cars all over the show it's driving prices up, and yes some good cars can be found in Japan but for how long! The japs are already buying 250cc 2 stroke bikes back and that has driven the prices up to 6-9k uk ...so what's going to happen with the cars.

Empty Pockets

If the japs had ahy sense buying mx bikes they certainly Wouldn't buy them from the uk, they'd buy them from the states, where they're cleaner, cheaper, and closer to home. The reason all mx bike prices are on the up (2&4) are because of the massive amount of bedroom traders that have sprung up buying them, then advertising them in the same place the next week for 25% more, people with half a brain are seeing this and thinking 'why the hell am i letting someone come and make 500 off me for doing nowt, i might aswell advertise it at that price myself?"

In the future, 3 to 5 years in my opinion, a super clean low milage import might be worth 8k, but not now, as you said yourself, they're still readily available to import for 4-5k , when that changes so will the price imo.

Empty Pockets

18months ago 05 cr250's averaged around 1500, last of the line 07's were common at 2k, the bedroom traders have pushed the prices on them up, just look on gumtree, every idiot with a scabby alloy framed cr thinks they're more precious than gold lol, prices on them will go sensible again.

Last edited:

vss irvine

Car wasnt advertised i was contacted via the forum twice by 2 seperate people looking for a good stock uk car as a sunday toy / investment.

Their words not mine.

Empty Pockets

Car wasnt advertised i was contacted via the forum twice by 2 seperate people looking for a good stock uk car as a sunday toy / investment.

Their words not mine.
Is this aimed at me mate ? If so, i've already said a vgc low milage sunny will be desirable to the right person, probably foreign, for reasons i've already stated... We are talking about import pulsars aren't we, i wanted to know how the guy asking what they're worth gets on with advertising them at 8-10k, as i think anyone valuing a car that can be bought for 4-5k must be smoking crack if they think they'll get 8-10k for it, just basic logic, no ?

If two shops are selling the same thing, one for 50, the next for 100, what do you think will happen ?

Empty Pockets

Just so nobody gets it twisted, i'm not saying they're a piece of shit car, it's also to my benefit the more they're worth as i still have one... I just think there's a huge difference between what people want them to be worth, and what they're actually worth, i'm pretty certain all the people saying they're worth 8-10k Wouldn't pay that for one now, so why do we think somebody else will ? The price will go up, they're just not an 8k car today.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
I wonder how much I'd get for my one, it's still standard (ish). To be honest when the time comes I'd be VERY fussy about where it goes, there's only one of two people I'd be happy to sell it to. Also I've been keeping an eye on the Jap auctions for over two years and good pulsars are very very thin on the ground.

It could be that all the good ones are not coming up for sale!

Empty Pockets

Haha, like it martyn :)

Yep, i agree F&S ,doc, and there's deffo no denying the r's on the up, there's fewer on the market and that's been showing in the price the last few years aswell, an importer was saying it won't be long till he thinks they'll be r32 money so the good one's are obviously starting to thin out, i hope it's sooner rather than later, but just think it'll be a little while yet personally.

Empty Pockets

May end up being a blessing that unfinished project of mine, got the car in 07, took the engine out in 08 iirc and it's been garaged ever since, around 100-110k, had a few optional extras/nismo bits on it, foot and knee rests, heated mirrors, illuminated ignition ring etc, and was still mechanically standard bar a set of wheels, blitz filter, hks dump valve and cat back, i thought it felt quick when i bought it running 0.7bar haha.

shroom

Na its still a peice of shit and always will be. We will always get a few old timers reminising on their youth wanting to buy one again but that will pass and it wont be worth major amounts. What will happen when parts dry out and stupid prices come about? A car is a car and without any real following I dont see how it can fly out of the ashes. Its a council house racer.

B19 REK

A good condition UK spec car with low mileage and lots of history. £13,000 to the right person. Might have to sit on it a while until the right person comes along but there will be one out there.