Pretty neat - I think anyway

nex

been playing for the last week, built a little dongle and shit and this is the result. Thinking about putting it into a kit and mounting it.

[

nex

Standard nissan consult cable, built a dongle with bits from maplin and rewired a 22pin connector for the ipaq....bit of mission but works great. Software is ECUtalk which is free. Will read trouble code etc.....and has a great selection of sensors to display. it will show more.....but any more than 6 and it got a little crowded. If anyone is interested i might be tempted to put a few kits together.....beats having a laptop sat next to you lol..

great aint it that steering wheel lmao.

P

pulsarboby

think you need to check your base timing as its showing 35 degrees on there, admittedly at around 1200rpm but still seems too much.

nice bit of kit though, very ingenious:thumbsup:

nex

think you need to check your base timing as its showing 35 degrees on there, admittedly at around 1200rpm but still seems too much.

nice bit of kit though, very ingenious:thumbsup:
I only started the car to take the dials off zero so was only running for about 20 seconds.....it soon settles down to 20@900rpm :)

Fusion Ed

that ign value is fine. In fact kind of regardless for idle anyway as the ecu will use scatter spark to help control idle RPM.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Looks cool - some nice work there...& definitely more up-to-date & better looking than my multichecker!

Last edited:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I'v got a spare laptop and was thinking of mounting it in the car and getting a little 7inch touch screen display to sit on top of the dash

Braveheart

Good job!
I have a pocket PC that could be put to good use......
Happy to buy your loom etc or make something up if you give us the pin-outs.

rx jamie

top job. something i would like aswell. you got skills mate. i didnt understand a word of that but remaking a dongle i do understand. i wouldnt have a clue lol

Last edited:

Fusion Ed

Will also run on any other windows mobile device dell axim etc.. and if you hard wire the cable into a car holder etc then your sorted :)

GTiR-Aholic

omg yes this looks wickid!!.. I would love to integrate something like this.. like a iphone or ipaq or something into my dash to show fault codes etc.. put me down for a kit!! :D

snoon

doubt you'll get it on i-phone as you have to get an app built for it.

But planty of other windows mobile devises out there. Pretty much all o2 XDA's run windows mobile and I bet you can pick up a cheap early version off fleabay.

nex

I had some issues re it needing a COM port for the interface which the ipaq I used fortunately uses for syncronisation, where as newer devices use USB so not to sure how you'd work around it - there is some info on the ecu talk website though......prob buy an adapter or something I guess, depends what you want to do - the above model works out of the box though.

nex

I have managed to source some connectors which will mean I can produce a very nice and clean product that will wire to the ecu and also include power to wire onto loom....

I could easily put together a kit which would include the cable, the ipaq and a consult dongle all ready to rock.

The software at current is ECUtalk, obviously I'm not selling this as its someone elses hard work I'm just supplying the kit to get it running, you can view the features at http://www.ecutalk.com/

The ipaq's would be second hand and feel free to source your own, I'm not looking to make a profit from this just to pass on what I have learnt and hopefully benefit other people. I think I can get the whole lot together for about £100 - drop me a PM if your are seriously interested as the connectors need to be imported and I only want to make one order!

cheers :)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
£100 including the iPaq? That sounds pretty good to me... but I don't think I'd get the budget approved by my wife.
I've already got an XDA, so if I can figure a way to get a com port on it I might drop you a PM for the rest of it.