Pretty cold, and the car won't start. :|

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
They're generally just folded paper inside the filter, so I wouldn't have thought it could get particularly damaged. Clogged so badly that you get flow, yes... Could it be something else going nuts? I know my car keeps telling me the cat is hot, which is unlikely given there isn't one so it's got to be some kind of short from all the snow. Maybe it's something similar that has got frozen and is now shorting (or maybe cracked)... good luck with it, you're probably our resident expert for preparing the car for the cold.

Trondelond

good luck with it, you're probably our resident expert for preparing the car for the cold.
Yup, and what a job I'm doing of it! :doh:
I really don't suspect anything at the moment, especially since the car is thawed and still not running. We'll see later today, as I was going to get a call from the people taking care of it. Hopefully they figure it out, so I won't have to do a fault search in the cold now. I'll be sure to post the eventual solution though.

I was wondering - is it possible to read fault codes from the ECU now that I have a PowerFC? I've never needed to, and thus never thought about it.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I was wondering - is it possible to read fault codes from the ECU now that I have a PowerFC? I've never needed to, and thus never thought about it.
Sensor/SWCheck on the commander tells you the voltages of all the sensors and signals for relays. Handy for trouble shooting.

P

pulsarboby

if the cars running on ether or similar then it has to be a fuel prblem trond.
could be that theres condensation in the tank which has caused the pump to struggle and therefore burnt it out.
have they checked to see if you have fuel at the rail and the pumps priming?
could also be a frozen pump relay that has burnt out!!!

geoff pine

I dont no a little bit of cold and you norwegian can not cope and your cars start breaking down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trondelond

I dont no a little bit of cold and you norwegian can not cope and your cars start breaking down :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, most other cars are on the road, except for the two cars that caught fire today when the owners used hot air blowers to warm the engines.. :doh:

Sensor/SWCheck on the commander tells you the voltages of all the sensors and signals for relays. Handy for trouble shooting.
I'll take a look at that, I don't suppose you have a reference somewhere for checking if the voltages are right? Or are they more on/off values?

Bobby : It sounded like fuel goes into the rail.. and if that's ok, I've just ruled out fuelling.. :shock: It's hopeless to diagnose it while it's not here. Just hope they get it back to me soon! :)