Power loss

D

DaveC.

catchmeifyoucan have you checked your dump valve at all? might be worth checking incase its getting stuck open and leaking.

D

d2wul

let me know how u get on then m8 cause al no get 2 mine till next weekend cheers

Davey

TBH, it doesnt sound much like a det sensor, most people I've heard of who have had dodgy sensors have different symptom's to you (myself included). The det sensor (when faulty) usually retards the timing across the whole rev range, and doesnt cut the igniton/boost as you are experiencing.

Hang on, Ive just realised that you are not getting the knock sensor fault code, so it's a different problem than the usual.

If its not the sensor, I'd strongly recommend checking any pipe carrying air through it, I had an intercooler pipe which was split half way around, it would be ok for a while, and then not boost/rev above 4000ish rpm. This was acompanied by loads of black smoke from the exhaust. Also seen loose dump valves/boost pipes cause the same sort of problem.

Good luck mate.

catchmeifyoucan01

hi guys thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!!
nitrosgti-r <brett> came down and diaged it as a dogy fuel pump! changed back to standard to test and it was all okay!
so im gunna have to get another walbro 255 fuel pump ! pitty cos the 1 i bought only lasted 2 months! any way at least we know what the issue was ! thanks again brett. ;D