Power Flex engine mount kit

Lionel

Hi all,

Over the parts 6 month Power Flex have be designing a FULL engine mount kit.
Now they have been tested and the word is that they are very very good giving the engine more suport and they have stopped a lot of engine movement under engine brakeing and acceleration.

As Ninja Tune Factory are Power Flex dealer and deal a lot with pulsars we have been approached to tell you all that in the next month this product will be starting in production.

The Kit will have 3 bushes in it they will be, the front gear box mount, rear gear box mount and the drivers side engine mount.

There is yet to be a price made up for these parts as they are that new but i am trying to see if its worth use doing a Group Buy for this awsome producted8)

the Group buy will be for the full kit:thumbsup:

If anyone has any Q about this plz ask and il do my best to ansaw it for you

cheers Lionel.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Quick q - I know the Nismo ones are renowned for turning the R into a bone shaker as they're just about solid and don't absorb much vibration compared to standard ones, do you know how these Powerflex ones react ? Do they stiffen things and absorb the vibration ?

Cheers,

donpulsar

Last edited:

antgtir

Any pics, or even specs if there are any lol, would be good to compare them between the standard and NISMO ones.

Ant.

youngsyp

donpulsar said:
Quick q - I know the Nismo ones are renowned for turning the R into a bone shaker as they're just about solid and don't absorb much vibration compared to standard ones, do you know how these Powerflex ones react ? Do they stiffen things and absorb the vibration ?

Cheers,

donpulsar
I'd like to know the same thing please Lionel.

If they do a good job of stopping the engine from moving around but, don't add an unacceptable amount of NVH, I'd be keen for a set. My 13 year old OE mounts are bound to need changing.

Paul

J

jpward

Sounds good keep us informed!

Bout time they got the finger out :lol:

P

pulsarboby

i would be interested to know just how much harm these will do to a gearbox and end case?
if the box is held steady by fairly rigid mounts then surely the lateral torque of the shafts is much more likely to break the already weak end case! as the torque will be transferred back inside the casing

thought that was why mounts were made to be flexible in the first place:? surely this is defeating that object, or am i wrong???

O

Odin

pulsarboby said:
thought that was why mounts were made to be flexible in the first place:? surely this is defeating that object, or am i wrong???

I tend to agree with you Bob, That's why I only have one uprated mount fitted, That way it stiffens it up a little but not enough to harm anything.

I do have Nismo front a rear stabilizer mounts fitted as well though.

Rob

Lionel

Ok guys we have been given the green light to run a Group Buy for the Power Flex engine mount kit for the pulsar.
The kit comes with both gear box bushes and also the drivers side engine mount.
Kits will take a week from order to be Made so we are looking for a 2 week turn around from the final order.

Price for the Kits will be 90.00 deliverd to anywhere in the UK.

youngsyp

It might be an idea if some of the questions posted in October were answered. That way, potential buyers will know exactly what to expect with these 'uprated' bushes installed.

Just an idea.

Paul

Lionel

donpulsar said:

Cheers,

donpulsar
From what info we have been given from powerflex about the way the bushes work they have said that there is a small amount of move ment from the bushes to alow for hard use so they done put to much pressuer on to the gear box and the engine.

Granted they will make the engine a lot stiffer then your 15 year old nissna bushes but the differents between the powerflex and the Nismo bushes are the materials used.

The Nismo bushes where solid rubber that why the where so hard, Now the Powerflex bushes are Polyurethane wich is strong but yet alows for a small amount for move ment.

My self i cant see these beeing a bad producted and im backing it all the way that why WE are the 1st to have the parts to sell.

The group buy is on both forums and i will let it run till fed:thumbsup:

Last edited:

1&onlygti-r

i have just recieved the 2 new mounts that they have just started to make, they come in yellow not purple like the other one, also they have 3 small holes in each one to allow for movement, not sure if they have now changed the first engine mount to the same as the 2 new ones ie colour and extra holes.

red reading

so all in all rubber is flexible polyurethane is not,that's why you would use them for suspension joints (less movement due to flex meaning better suspension geometry) not gearbox mounts,the harder you make the mount the more vibration you will send thru the chassis harmonic's is the name i believe! so if the mount is stiffer something else will give instead i.e the gearbox case

Lionel

Thats right they still have the 3 holes in them and they are still yellow. The ones that where tested worked so well they didnt need to chaneg them.

Lionel

red reading said:
so all in all rubber is flexible polyurethane is not,that's why you would use them for suspension joints (less movement due to flex meaning better suspension geometry) not gearbox mounts,the harder you make the mount the more vibration you will send thru the chassis harmonic's is the name i believe! so if the mount is stiffer something else will give instead i.e the gearbox case
you got it the wong way found the polyuretyhane bushes are more flexible then the solid Nismo ones.

1&onlygti-r

so have they changed the front upper gearbox mount from previous as they are purple and are solid not like the other 2 new ones

Lionel

i will check with them 2morrow for you and let you know. But i will say as they didn't have (to my knowledge) any problems with the old bushes i cant see them changing them.

images of the new engine bushes kit.

Sorry Lionel I couldn't resist correcting such a bad attemp at spelling (knowledge) hahahahahaha

Rob

Last edited by a moderator: