power feed/wire through bulk head?

mreguest

on my old car i found that the connector for the factory boost solenoid was a 12V feed and it only became live when the ignition was on, i therefore used this to power a turbo smart boost controller which was basically a straight swap and all was great...

my new car has no power at all coming through this connector. i assume there is a break in the loom somewhere unless anyone has any other ideas? i don't believe it is fused?

Anyway, i think my real question is where will i find a hole through the bulk head that i can push a new multicore wire through? where do people normally do this?

are there any obvious places that i could squeeze one through? i'm going to take a feed off a few sensors for some aftermarket gauges, and send switched power to and from the engine bay for things like boost controllers etc...

many thanks!

Adam

whytie

I usually feed everything through we're the air con pipes used to be if its been removed

geoff pine

my boost controller is feed from the cigarette lighter power supply if you have no air con theres a couple of holes where it was fitted .Theres also access in drivers footwell just behind and i think slightly to the right of the accelerator pedal that takes you into the wheel arch.