power fc boost controller...

c20ona

Anyone know where i can get hold of an english version of the fitting instructions for the above?. Tried Apexi themselves but only cater for the commander and ECU. I've got a grasp of where all the pipes / hoses go but unsure where the cable goes from the controller (white block) ?.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kenny

A

AJ4

I think I've got instructions at home somewhere, but won't be able to get them till after the weekend.

From what I can remember, the solenoid needs to be connected to the wiring that went to the original solenoid ( if your using a PFC ECU ), ie, the PFC uses the standard loom to connect to the solenoid. You just have to cut off the original plug from the harness to connect the Apexi solenoid ( I think the Apexi just comes with flying leads anyway ).

The pressure sensor is connected directly to the PFC.

c20ona

Thanks Ross, this was what i suspected. The manual doesn't confirm this so didn't want to go messing (probaby does but my Japanese is rubbish) :wink:

But thanks again buddy. I'll try and get her fitted today.

Regards

Kenny

A

AJ4

no worries mate. I can't remember what the colour code is for the wires on the solenoid lead though, IIRC, the solenoid is red and black, and the wiring loom is white and yellow ?. Can't remember whether its red-white, black-yellow, or red-yellow, black-white :oops:

If you can wait till tommorow night I can post a pic.. ( not near my car at the mo ).

c20ona

Just noticed that actually. :shock:
If you could Ross that would be great. Nothing more embarassing than driving about with my car on fire. :D

Kenny

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Don't mean to hijack but I was looking into this solution again recently (despite Ross's better advice) and it seemed the Nissan Boost MAP sensor is only 2Bar so the PowerFC could only control boost to 1 Bar without me purchasing an Apexi (only) MAP sensor for another £80 odd quid.

Can anyone confim or deny this?

Jim

A

AJ4

Thats sounds about right Jim, it should work up to around 1bar ( depending on atmospheric pressure ). If you could fool the standard sensor in some way, like restrict pressure to it or something, then you could fool it into reading higher. The only way to do that really would be to bleed off some air in the pipe that goes to the sensor, and then it gets kinda complicated as you are by default also bleeding off pressure that goes to the actuator, like a bleed valve would do ... :D unless someone can develop a bleed valve that only works in one direction... :D:D:D

Kenny - I'll post some info tommorow night, as soon as I get home.

A

AJ4

Sorry for the late reply, didn't get home till late :oops:

This is how mine is wired -

The solenoid has two wires, red and black, that go to a black connector block. On the other side of the block is a couple of flying leads, red and brown. Red goes to red and black goes to brown. The original solenoid loom has two wires, Black with a red stripe and Blue with a yellow stripe.
The flying leads connect Red to Black/Red and Brown to Blue/Yellow.

So from the solenoid out it connects -

Red - Red - Black/Red
Black - Brown - Blue/Yellow

I made a pretty picture too - :D

Hope that helps...

c20ona

That's superb Ross. Our own gtir oracle. Should have no probs wiring her up now.

Thanks again

Kenny :D

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks for the advice again Ross. I think I'll forget this PowerFC idea for the moment unless I can find and actuator and MAP sensor on EBay :lol:

Jim