Possible Nismo GTI-R at Jap Auctions, plus other unrelated RB Pulsars

gtircrazy

The owner is a real good guy, has raced it at a few events around New Zealand on the track. From what we can see when its been in the workshop it's kitted out with all the RB standard gear. Can't see any special options.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful 8)

Does it have the Nismo plate Geoff? If so, what number?

EDIT: Guessing the graphics are all painted? or is the NISSAN vinyl? and the text above the rear drivers wheel arch?

More pics next time you see it please!

Cheers,
Shalom

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It should be "Possible Nismo GTI-R at Japanese Auctions, plus some other completely unrelated RB for sale in Japan" :p
....right, I'll change it again then. :lol:
- Actually I can't fit all that as a thread title.

To me it looks more like the Autech (sp?) sticker rather than a Nismo one.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
theres one in austria, megamodz had it and started stripping it as it didnt sell fast enough for them. but the current owner has managed to buy alot of the parts back, and is rebuilding it
Were you referring to another Nismo one Martyn?
If so, any more details? I just searched through Mr Megamodz threads on the MC but couldn't see anything...

As a matter of interest, my RB nismo number10 has a vin number RNN14 005259.
Any chance of a pic of the VIN and NISMO plates please Den?

To me it looks more like the Autech sticker rather than a Nismo one.
I meant the paint had been damaged where someone had removed the Nismo badge,
but now that you mention it, it does indeed look more like an Autech sticker :doh:

Cheers,
Shalom

gtircrazy

This is my Autech gti-r

Where is the nismo plate found? i would be very surprised if this does not have one?? I really need to get the vin number for someone to run it through FAST.

(edit: Vin: 7A8DH0P0701002207 Chassis: RNN14-002207)

gtircrazy

Also Here is a RB that was rolled in NZ

Now lives at a friends farm next to his workshop.

Heres another RB shell that is waiting to be used. Has been in storage for years. Chassis is all seam welded ect. But still was a genuine RB before the strip down.

Off coarse there is this badge

Then a few photo's i enjoy:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I really need to get the vin number for someone to run it through FAST.

(edit: Vin: 7A8DH0P0701002207 Chassis: RNN14-002207)
I put it through FAST and it just comes up as an RB, not the usual guff that Autech ones reply with.

gtircrazy

Well thats disapointing as it has full nismo mechanicals, the autech sticker and the autech sticker on the back.. I friend aslo has a autech gti-r i will get his vin and post it as well.

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
This is my Autech gti-r

Where is the nismo plate found? i would be very surprised if this does not have one??
The Nismo plate is on the firewall.

Afaik we have only seen 2 of them - "005" from the one in Canada a few years ago (which has it glued in a weird spot - possibly as a result of major repair),
and the "020" one which Megamodz stripped and now Thomas in Switzerland owns (or did about a year ago at least - which had it riveted to the right of the VIN plate).

Note that the Nismo "Complete Car" GTI-R and the Autech "Prepared" GTI-Rs are different beasts.

The Nismo GTI-R was a pre-defined list of parts on an RB model for a set price (¥3.14m, or ¥3.275m with an extra options), and came with the individually numbered plate on the firewall and a Nismo badge under the GTI-R badge on the back.

The Autech ones had no special plate, just the Autech sticker on the back. As can be seen in their history list, they were not a full "Autech Version" as such (unlike the GTR and Cefiro of the same era), but rather just RBs with various Nismo options installed from the factory (most likely as ordered by the customer at the time).

We know that there were at least 60 Autech ones (up to 05/94 - thanks to Gary's awesome counting efforts - they show up in FAST with a special note).
We know there were only 21 Nismo ones (authenticity of below confirmed through message headers - the VINs do not appear in FAST).

Date: 19 October 2010

To: Thomas Schrepfer

RE: NISMO Information

Dear Mr. Schrepfer,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we cannot say it is genuine #20 GTI-R.
Chassis No. you informed us is not recorded as one for GTI-R.

21 units of NISMO GTI-R were produced, but no spare parts are existing anymore.

We hope this information will be a help of you.
Thank you for your support to NISMO.

Best regards,
Nissan Motorsports International
Overseas Sales Group

Last edited:

gtirx2

Well thats disapointing as it has full nismo mechanicals, the autech sticker and the autech sticker on the back.. I friend aslo has a autech gti-r i will get his vin and post it as well.
Mine also had an autech sticker on the back before i peeled it off lol,my car had interesting mods when i got it but nothing special.

Mine to comes up as a normal rb on fast,i think the autech sticker could be brpught on its own without being built ny autech?

dencon

My Nismo plate ( 10 ) is fixed to the firewall just above the servo. I can take a photo of plate, but have no idea how to put it on here. Den.