possible immoboliser problems?

JAMMA

Just had the engine in my R rebuilt but its not starting. Its in at an auto electricians just now and they say that its the factory fitted immoboliser thats cuasing the problem? Do Pulsar's come with immobolisers as standard as ive never heard of this before?

Jamie

O

Odin

J44MAA said:
Just had the engine in my R rebuilt but its not starting. Its in at an auto electricians just now and they say that its the factory fitted immoboliser thats cuasing the problem? Do Pulsar's come with immobolisers as standard as ive never heard of this before?

Jamie

Nope they don't come with a factory fit immoboliser :lol: :lol: :lol: .

There are how ever two plugs on the battery side of the engine bay that are the same fitment :wink: . The one that goes to the coil modual(sp) and the one that goes to the gearbox reverse light switch, You could try swopping these over and try starting it again.

It has been a common problem with engine out jobs, you will the reverse light switch plug on top of the gearbox if you look down :wink: .

And the other one is up behind the dizzy.

this may or may not the problem but worth checking :D

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They don't come with immobilisers as standard.

Is it turning over or not?
If it is, then check the dizzy and reverse plugs aren't the wrong way round.
If it isn't turning over, check you battery and starter motor are OK, maybe try bump starting, or look at your own immobiliser if you have one.

Edited to add. Note to oneself, type faster to beat rob next time :roll:

O

Odin

Fast Guy said:
Edited to add. Note to oneself, type faster to beat rob next time :roll:

Who's the daddy :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

rob

JAMMA

Its turning over but not getting a spark. They have tried the switching the 2 plugs about but no luck.

Jamie

O

Odin

Oh well thats out the window then :cry: , Maybe they forgot to fit the rota arm lol :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I'v got no idea with out seeing it :cry: .

rob

jjs

what imobiliser is on it, i know ,with mine if the imobiliser is on, the engine doesnt even turn, can you hear the fuel pump running when ign on, most imobilisers inhibit, the fuel pump as well,

antgtir

Ive had this problem recently also although mine i feel is a flaw somewhere in the wiring or was the ecu breaking down slowley. In the end we found that the ecu had burnt out on the fuel line. The R had no spark and no fuel getting to the engine. There was the burning smell of electrics which was obviously the ecu.

If you have installed the ecu without taking the battery earth of first, this may have damaged and led to a burnt out ecu.

You should be able to remove the ecu and take the top of it (4No screws) to inspect and ensure it has not burnt out.

Check the Engine Cont / Fuel Pump relay for activity i.e. 12v direct supply via two wires to the switch pins.

I was told that sometimes relay's can indicate they are working i.e. continuity is good but as soon as a surge of power is put through them the switch blows open and disconnects the circuit. try a different relay if possible.

My auto electrician also suggested that alarms / immobilisers are pretty much useless after a couple of years as they just start to lose their performance due to the splicing / connections into the cars wiring system. Plus, the alarm installers cant always be trusted to install correctly. I think my next alarm will be fitted by a qualified auto electrician next time as they seem to take much more pride in what they do.

Ant.