Possible group buy on perspex windows

gtirneil

Im going to be ordering some perspex windows (polycarbonate) for me car.

I asked about a group buy with discount and the guy was very interested aslong as there are 5 or more people.

Would anyone be interested in this or is it just me ?

Prices for the back 3 windows ,without group buy, not sure on discount yet

Clear FLEXIGLASS @ £180.00
Clear POLYCARBONATE @ £200.00
Bronze POLYCARBONATE @ £220.00
Slider Kits @ £20.00 per door and come fully fitted
Carriage to UK mainland is £15.00

website - www.plastics4performance.co.uk

As they are local to me im going down to the factory to take a closer look.

Im not sure how prices compare to other places, so if anyone knows that these are way off the mark let me know please.

gtirneil

Just noticed this was included in the 1st eamil, sorry it looks like its for all windows apart from windscreen :lol: 8)

The costs for the Sunny GTiR window kit (Kit includes everything apart from the front screen and the windows are usually manufactured to the original shape of the glass unless otherwise requested)

Manufactured from 4mm thick Material to meet current MSA/FIA specifications in the UK or if required from 5mm to meet european FIA regulations, All materials used are double side UV protected and preminum grade plastics manufactured for outdoor use.

maz

sorry if this is a silly question, but whats the pro's of perspex over the standard windows that come with the R?

thanks!

/maz

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Front ones would benefit from a scratch resistant coating, unless you have the little window hatch fitted and never put them up or down :wink:

Rich@Redline

I would defo be interested in this, so long as its all apart from windscreen. Is this the same company that advertises them in the Demon Tweeks catalogue....as the prices are the same only less vat!

You sure those prices arent +vat?

Cheers

Rich

gtirneil

Sunny Jim said:
I would defo be interested in this, so long as its all apart from windscreen. Is this the same company that advertises them in the Demon Tweeks catalogue....as the prices are the same only less vat!

You sure those prices arent +vat?

Cheers

Rich
There is definatley no VAT to add, i will be going down in the next week or two as they have just moved intio there new premesis.

Cheers Neil.

S

s1 turbo

Fast Guy said:
Front ones would benefit from a scratch resistant coating, unless you have the little window hatch fitted and never put them up or down :wink:
exactly! :D

S

Stoned

And how much weight would that save?

Plus would the rear screen be heated still? :wink:

bracpan

If anybody is interested I will be finishing a G/F hatch over the next week, that combined with a perspex window will definatly save some weight, also will save you cutting the window out of your original hatch. Its the steel hatch plus all the fittings like rear wiper and motor etc that adds the weight.
Should have photos available once its completed.

Cheers

Phil 8)