Poss high idle problem/solution

A

AJ4

Depending on how fast the AAC voltage is changing you probably wont read ten volts you'll only read an average voltage ( assuming your using a DC meter ). You really need an oscilloscope to check it properly. Your meter might only take a reading every second or so, and if the signal is rapidly switching between 0 and 10 volts 5 times a second you'll never see it properly on a voltmeter.

Chiffs

campbellju said:
Have you tried to set the idle by disconnecting the TPS, blipping throttle to £Krpm a few times and then playing with the Idle air control valve? I've done everything you have and then found my valve needed to be shut completely to work properly! From the manual, this should only be played with when the TPS is disconnected or the car will accomodate the change. Mine has cams and idles at 1200 which I'm fairly pleased with, better than 1400rpm it used to be.

Warmed car up, switched off, unplugged tps, revved a few times 2-3krpm.

Revs settled at 1900rpm, adjusted idle screw all the way in and sat at 1800-1850rpm:doh:

Switched off and plugged tps back in and still had high idle (1600rpm)

Chiffs

D-Fens said:
Depending on how fast the AAC voltage is changing you probably wont read ten volts you'll only read an average voltage ( assuming your using a DC meter ). You really need an oscilloscope to check it properly. Your meter might only take a reading every second or so, and if the signal is rapidly switching between 0 and 10 volts 5 times a second you'll never see it properly on a voltmeter.

Yep using a DC meter, see what ya say about prob taking an average and dont happen to have a oscilloscope kicking around in the garage to try it:doh:

More playing tommorrow, check butterfly stops, try setting idle again with tps off (prob wont make any difference), plus what ever else i can think off or suggestions you guys come up with.

Failing that hit a few things with a big hammer:der: :thumbsup: