Popping exhaust!

herbie

Sometimes when I change gear the exhaust gives out an almighty POP and scares the shit out of pedestrians!
I have a jap style back box, s/s system, decat. Is this normal??

Ive not owned an R for very long.

Also, my car is running 1.1 Bar boost. What gap should spark plugs be?

Muchos grassy arse.

GINGA

Yes its quite normal normally the biggest bangs come when changing gear slowly :twisted:
Spark plug gap should be about 0.1mm smaller than standard think its 0.8mm :wink:

J

jiw

When i got mine it was banging off when changing gear, got a different exhaust on now as the old one was straight through with a very narrow and long silencer was probably a good exhaust but just a bit too loud :(

A

Anonymous

vroom pop pshttt

could it be that the car is over fueling and flaming rally stile mmm, fucks the cat thou

M

momogtir

yeah ive got full 3" from turbo and mine always backfires, its wicked! :D oh and dont need a cat in NZ! :p

B

Brett G

Mine does it at nearly every gear change.... That goose is cooking!!! :wink:

J

jiw

Couldnt hack that quiet exhaust any more, the mongoose is back on lol, i love the pops and bangs :D

LJ

My 5" goose pops and bangs when slowing down at low rpm :D
It actually made a child cry when it backfired the other day!!

R

r5ben

mine pops and bangs big style but only when im changing up gear dosnt pop on down rev ??

otter

Check boost pipes.
Mines poping a bit at the mo due to a boost leak. It causes your car to run rich!

M

memski

Mine pops and farts all the time, esp on part throttle after a bit of boost :wink:

L

leeboy

under 2000 rpm coasting is the only time mine pops a little, or if i really screw it for a few miles, then its every gear all the time untill it cools back down

T

Tart

Mine does it loads, mostly when coldish or at high revs wiv turbo flat out. Love it...... It pops loads as u decelerate too....... :D :D :D

youngsyp

I can play with the pops and bangs with the throttle on mine. If I just leave the throttle open a touch, whilst backing off. 2nd gear is the best from about 6k rpm. Sometimes it sounds like a gunshot. It's funny to see peoples faces when it's at it's loudest :shock:
I was out with the Honda Type-R boys last week and nearly burnt off one of their front bumpers. The guy said it was like an afterburner :twisted: :lol:

Flame on.....

hmmm

Strange...I have a 5 inch full Mongoose system and mine only pops very occasionally. Is this a good or bad thing? :?