Polycarbonate

LOU ROB

Just wondering wether it is worth changing the the glass, (apart from the windscreen and back window) for polycarbonate items :?:

Since the motor is used daily, would the windows still be usable and not flop and rattle about at speeds when open :?

How much lighter are they compared to the glass :?:

J

jiw

They scratch and go very dull easily mate, not worth it in a road car, jeff

nismoboy

Ive also thought of doin this but the above problems may not be worth it in a road car. Maybe we could do the rear side windows as there not used much anyway, then tint them out as this would then disguise scratches ?
the front side windows arent worth doing as u need to use them quite abit and the rear screen has to stay because of the demister.

P

pimppulsar

i'm gonna do this with mine when i get the time, my friend works for auto windscreens and can get the polycarb cheap and fit them on the cheap, he's just done it for a few friends!
his name is stuart give him a ring on 07921 781590 you cant do front and our rear window has one hell of a curve but can def do rear sides and front sides and still use as an electric window and for those with them he can also do the sun roof so all in all saving quite a bit of weight.....

nismoboy

pimppulsar said:
i'm gonna do this with mine when i get the time, my friend works for auto windscreens and can get the polycarb cheap and fit them on the cheap, he's just done it for a few friends!
his name is stuart give him a ring on 07921 781590 you cant do front and our rear window has one hell of a curve but can def do rear sides and front sides and still use as an electric window and for those with them he can also do the sun roof so all in all saving quite a bit of weight.....
sounds good,but is it worth it if there gonna scratch and go dull easy? is there any other material that could be used that wont scratch etc? also how much weight would be saved by doin the front sides rear sides and sunroof?